I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You might find that a few hillbillies will object to being placed in the same category as white trash. Trash are well known in their location, just ask social services, bill collectors, and the local gendarmerie. Hillbillies are more independent, also more of a moving target.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I’m a big fan of Bigfoot.

I know!

But why is he never seen by sober people who aren't hillbillies, people who aren't nutters with tinfoil hats, or steady people without the wobbliest of cameras?

It’s only a matter of time.

nKForqf.jpg

Well you taught me something - I’d have placed Newark (-on-Trent) in Lincolnshire.

I just placed it where Google told me to. Currently its residents may indeed prefer to be in the land of Lincolnshire, depending which tier suits them.

You might find that a few hillbillies will object to being placed in the same category as white trash. Trash are well known in their location, just ask social services, bill collectors, and the local gendarmerie. Hillbillies are more independent, also more of a moving target.

They’ll have to take it up with the internet, which loves trash talk.

I say “they”, but thanks to a paternal line which hails from the Ohio/Kentucky borderlands, I have been grandfathered in. That I spend a lot of time in the hills (cycling up them counts) should cinch my membership.

WpE1U0B.jpg

Grandpa, who was also something of a moving target, posing with tourists on their way south to Dueling Banjos, Georgia

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I will answer this using the maieutic method. (It’s a new word for me, too.) Why do UKians call property attached to their property a garden, no matter how ungardeny it may be?

View attachment 516174
An example of pretty gardeny

Because Garden comes from Old English Geard which means enclosure. A garden is an enclosure. Guard as in to guard has a similar derivation.

Domus

Guru
Best anti-theft device in a car in the USA is a manual gearbox.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Why can Joe Biden not remember Trump's name and have tomask hismwife under his breath what the presidents name is? It's only a single syllable, with the added bonus of comedy value for being a slang term for a fart, yet Sleepy Joe can't remember it?

I think most people in this country who have a brain want to forget the screaming orange sphincter muscle's name. And he's far better at mispronouncing words than Joe. I find it hilarious seeing what people seem to be drawn to Trump. Not a single one can come up with an intelligent rationale.

Top Bottom