I'm American. Ask me anything.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Root beer.
What? Why?

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Please bear with me, I’m fitting this in when I can. Occasionally I have to sleep, and bathe, and attend to productive labour, and haul out my telescope to spy on the people across the valley, who I can confirm are curtain twitchers.

Root beer.
What? Why?
This goes straight to the top of the queue.

eixrQc4.jpg

Mmmm, beer of the root

It’s non-alcoholic, which appeals to the Puritan DNA in our American heritage.* Along with its very close cousin sarsaparilla, of interest mainly to botanists, it is a fixture in the romantic Western film loop we as a nation have constantly playing in the background.

View: https://youtu.be/75M1szwu3Vg

(though Al** would just as soon slit your throat and have Wu feed you to the pigs as drink the stuff himself)

Your first time may indeed prompt a “What?” and a “Why?” As they say, there’s no accounting for taste. To those who savour the flavour, it is as close to the elixir of life as we can sip through lips parched by time and rough but honest living.

Some important links:
Great American Root Beer Showdown
Anthony's Root Beer Reviews
Eric's Gourmet (?!) Root Beer Site - note the helpful breakdown, including Drinkable Root Beers, Not Good Root Beers, and Garbage Root Beers.

RwBGExk.jpg

* I don’t know the stats, but teetotalers like myself are still in the minority over there, if a larger minority than here
** Played by Englishman Ian McShane

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Do you know Emperor Trump? Does he come to your house for tea and to play with your guns? Can you get me his autograph, or perhaps a job a Whitehouse Press Secretary?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Self defense is always with an automatic weapon. Assault rifles do not come in revolvers because you can't put a 30 round banana clip on a revolver.
So how come all those mass murderers with assault rifles got hold of them?

Drago

Legendary Member
Going off topic, fully functioning assault rifles aren't legal. They have to be modified for single-shot capability only, at which point they become SLR's and are no longer assault rifles.

in fact, this leads to a question for the American - Finland and Switzerland have some of the highest gun "ownership" in the world, as males of military age have to keep proper assault rifles and ammo at home, yet they have some of the lowest gun crime in the world. Why do Americans not buy lots of cuckoo clocks and Nokia mobile phones, and thus also enjoy low gun crime?

Drago

Legendary Member
Why did the Coca-Cola company cover up the fact that the Nazis invented Fanta?
In a deep twist or irony, the Nazi regime came up with Fanta, a soft drink that could be made with locally sourced produce, because the coca cola company stopped supplying Nazzie Germany with the ingredients to make Coke.

Top Bottom