I'm an idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
STI shifters, what a headache!:cursing:

I was meant to go for the screw that adjusts the reach on my 2203 levers, I was absolutely sure I knew where it was located after looking at the diagram that was supplied with the bike.

Me being me I accidentally undid the screws that hold the whole bloody things together!!!

Cue 2 hours of painstakingly trying to get two bits of plastic to hook under one another whilst positioning the piece with the window over the screw hole. Didn't help that the gear pawls went loose as there was nothing holding so some head-scratching trying to figure where the chain has to be on the cogs before re-assembling.

Still have some tinkering to do to get the gear changes on the rear back to where they were, they're a little out at the moment.

Never again............. hopefully!:blush:

I may got back to downtube shifters at this rate though, much, much simpler.

Blue

Legendary Member
So, you're an idiot. Welcome to the club. Everyone is a member from birth, however, the age at which any individual discovers their membership differs. IMO the earlier one discovers ones membership the better. :wacko:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Not cycling related - just idiot behaviour related. Yesterday turned off hot water supply valve to start plumbing job. Next, removed stop end fitting - from cold water pipe ........... everything has dried out, eventually.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Not cycling related - just idiot behaviour related. Yesterday turned off hot water supply valve to start plumbing job. Next, removed stop end fitting - from cold water pipe ........... everything has dried out, eventually.
Ah, plumbing jobs must be full of these. My best one was carefully manoeuvring the U-bend trap from under the bath without spilling a drop and then pouring the contents into the bath. :wacko:

PK99

Legendary Member
Ah, plumbing jobs must be full of these. My best one was carefully manoeuvring the U-bend trap from under the bath without spilling a drop and then pouring the contents into the bath. :wacko:

I'm glad it is not just me on that one! In my case I washed the congealed fat out of the kitchen sink u-bend over the contents of the under sink cupboard.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm an idiot too, if it helps. 3 weeks working nights at £6.50 an hour, riding 10 miles there and 10 miles back in sh`itty weather and still haven't been paid - remember the name Angard. Midway through this farce, I come off the bike, trying to avoid jaywalkers on the CS3, and end up an injured unpaid worker uncompensated for injuries. I'm an idiot for being alive...

Top Bottom