I'm going to do it, July 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

man in black

I have decided on my new adventure, after my success of the London to Paris ride this year!
July 23 rd travel by train to Lands End to start Sunday morning my tour to John O Groats.
I will mix with camping and the odd b&b not sure on daily mileage, as travelling alone.
Will now start to plan my route!

Douggie954

Excellent. You will love it!!!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I were going to do it this year but I had problems with my feet. Now Ive broken my finger coming off my bike. If I can stop falling to pieces we hope to be doing it in July next year as well.

What bike will you be riding and how long do you intend to take?

OP
OP
M

man in black

I will use my Hybrid Carerra as in my picture, not sure on time scale probably 10 - 14 days, looking at all different routes at the moment

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There is lots of material on the internet about routes but I am finding a small book off Amazon particularly useful.

Its a Cicerone Guide, End to End Cycle Route by Nick Mitchell.

OP
OP
M

man in black

Thanks Steve the book looks very interesting I will download and have a good read over the weekend. I am planning to avoid the busy main roads hopefully.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thanks Steve the book looks very interesting I will download and have a good read over the weekend. I am planning to avoid the busy main roads hopefully.

I would get the book and not download it. It is small enough to take on the ride with you and it will be easier to flick from page to page.

Douggie954

I followed part of this route and it is tough in certain parts. If you want a flatter ride I wouldn't follow this route. However, there is some fantastic scenery on this route.

goody

Veteran
It's a great ride I'd love to do it again sometime. I took the Isle of Arran route which avoids Glasgow and used the Great Glen Way and up past Loch Naver. Good luck you'll love it!

OP
OP
M

man in black

I like the look of the route in the book 'End to End' Safe Cycle by Royston Wood, I would love to do it over the 18 days however, I can't have that amount of time off. 10 - 14 max for me. Steve when are you looking to cycle the route?

Top Bottom