I'm quite interested in this Falcon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's very nice. Get it bought!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Are you ready to experience steel rims. :eek:

Would have been pushing it at £40 for me.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Are you ready to experience steel rims. :eek:

Steel rims:unsure:, From my childhood/ youth I remember how bad they were at stopping, or not stopping in the wet. I don't think this bike would be going out knowingly in the wet. I do have a pair of 27 inch Rigida alloy wheels to fit if they are particularly bad.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Steel rims:unsure:, From my childhood/ youth I remember how bad they were at stopping, or not stopping in the wet. I don't think this bike would be going out knowingly in the wet. I do have a pair of 27 inch Rigida alloy wheels to fit if they are particularly bad.
Yep the dimple pattern on the rims gives em away as steel in the pictures.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The second I see. “Eroica” in a description , I run for the hills.
The seller may be a fetishist who omitted a t.

Looks OK otherwise, but probably a bit overpriced for one with steels, as if you're actually going to ride it, I'd factor in the price of some alloys and maybe brake upgrades (my not-as-good Falcon has alloys but I still feel like it's trying to kill me in town, accelerating far more easily than it stops).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What with the suicide bars, my life expectancy is reducing rapidly.:laugh:
:giggle: nowt wrong with 'suicide levers' as long as you don't need to stop in a hurry, I've got em on my Raleigh Equipe and they're great for just slowing down a bit. :whistle:

My normal hand position is on the bend of the drops
DSCN0179.JPG

(as shown by the wear on the handlebar tape)
and from there I can push up on the extension bit with a couple of fingertips :angel:

Top Bottom