Imperial ton done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

At last!

Great feeling isnt it. I haven't managed one this year and wish I had!

Props.

This was my one cycling aim for 2013 and finally had a dry(ish) day - last attempt got trunchated by horrid weather

Around 102 miles, and according to Strava...
  • 2,378ft
    Elevation
  • 07:54:31
    Moving Time
    Calories
  • 13.8mi/h
  • Elapsed time of 10:49:57 (we were not shy of stops and had a few lost moments)

Everything hurts today, I am sure spending a while soaking in a hot bath will help! Unfortunately, I had no time to stretch afterwards as I literally ran through the shower, scoffed a bowl of fruit and fibre and then had to drive to Heathrow to collect my bro! Physio will beat all the kinks out on Thursday!

Fuelled by porridge, Soreen, jelly babies, a flapjack, a panini and a couple of skinny lattes

Thanks to jefmcg for her company and route planning! Next time, let's avoid Reading eh ;)

Next challenge, London-Paris, probably in May :smile:

Irishrich

Über Member
Don't forget to kudos me :laugh:

First thing I did when I saw your ride. Even bigger kudos for it being a terrible day. I know because I could hardly see out of my cycling shades for about 10 miles at one point.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Last edited:

VamP

Banned
No wonder, you are 2 mph and 3,000 ft lacking in kudos worth :tongue:

That's it, kick a man when he's kudos down. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Oi, get your own thread :biggrin:

Feeling a bit less sore tonight, but have been very tired and grumpy all day! Think I may have overdone it - about 50% further than I had ever ridden in a day and pretty much after a month of almost no cycling!

Is this normal? Otherwise perhaps I am sickening for something xx(

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Don't know if this is "normal" @vickster know only that the next day after my first and only 100 I had to ride to town for an appointment, just 10 miles round trip.
Was feeling zombie like!!
Had made sure of a couple of days off work though before attempting the 100, don't think I would have been fit for work :laugh:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Just having a spin on the exercise bike, but it's not helping! Cup of tea, a couple of meaty painkillers and an early night methinks!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
After my first hundred, I went out and did 75 mile the next day. Felt surprisingly good.
Think you maybe rather fitter than me - I could barely move (and I don't think my nether regions would have thanked me), not to mention the massive thunderstorm here that crashed my Sky TV!

Top Bottom