In Praise of the Greasy Spoon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
An awful place!!! Stracathro

it really is isn't it? Last time I was in, wedged into the kneeknocker tables pushing a half rubber - half raw fried egg around a sea of grease on a plate I thought "This is the 21st Century, supposedly".

it really is isn't it? Last time I was in, wedged into the kneeknocker tables pushing a half rubber - half raw fried egg around a sea of grease on a plate I thought "This is the 21st Century, supposedly".
"Peggy Scott's" at Finavon is decent

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The mobile snack bars near/in builders' merchants' car parks are usually pretty good. They have a very discerning clientele who won't put up with rubbish.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I have recently discovered 'Eats n Treats' in Edinburgh. I walked out with a fantastic sliced sausage, haggis, and tattie scone roll from there. When I pop by that way again, I will stop in for one of their breakfasts.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It is odd that you get a proper plate and eating irons, but they serve you tea on polystyrene cup. A mug would be more appropriate.

Yes a little odd. The deal in the café was tea was 60p (a bargain in itself) but if you bought £2 of food you got a hot drink for free so my £3.50 breakfast of course qualified

There was a large urn of hot water and all the bits to make your own tea or coffee (instant coffee only). He said it was because everyone was fussy about how they took their tea so it was simpler to let everyone make their own. Plus he was working hard at the hot plate

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This is the place to eat In Barnet, The hole in the wall. been here for donkeys years and well worth a visit if in the area.

YYURh_fuVuE7iTQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.LOCAL_UNIVERSAL.gps&thumb=2&w=240&h=79&yaw=206.jpg

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There's a great greasy spoon at the bottom of Anerley Hill in SE20. Can't remember what it is called, but run by a Turkish family. Excellent breakfasts.

Top Bottom