Inadvertently Bought a Vegan Sausage Roll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The ones from Greggs are lush. And they pissed off Piers Morgan. Win/win.
Cold and tired, I went into Greggs today and asked for a vegan sossy roll. They had none so I had a piggy one. Well, two actually. Thus, I reversed the OP's particular substitution.

I like their vegan ones, even if they can be extremely salty.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Greggs ones are pretty good. Never found a burger that tastes all that good. Quorn nuggets taste very similar to McDs.

The Linda McCartney "pulled pork" burgers are good and well textured, though a little sweet for my tastes. Quorn nuggets are excellent, good comparison with the McDonalds; think it's the consistency and flavour of the batter which does it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have nothing against vegans etc but i do have a question , why do they buy stuff that imitates a meat product ?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have nothing against vegans etc but i do have a question , why do they buy stuff that imitates a meat product ?
I suspect a lot of people eating vegan/vegetarian meat type products are doing it for health and or environmental reasons and have been or are still meat eaters. I eat meat but have cut down my consumption of fatty meats dramatically in the last few months for specific health reasons. I understand a lot of vegans don't like or understand stuff being made to look and taste like meat, but there is a big market for it anyway. Also you don't have to hate the flavour and taste of meat to want to be a vegan for ethical reasons.

Drago

Legendary Member
I eat Quorn mince - thanks to recommendations from on here - but not because it tastes of mince or even looks like it, but simply because it's an animal free protein source that isnt too expensive in bulk amounts. If it looked and tasted like ice cream or liquorice I'd still use it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Because it’s the easy route to a meat free diet, by simply substituting a meat- free alternative you don’t have to make so many changes to the foods you know and love. Over time you can develop tbe culinary skills to be mote creative with vegetables. I see no isdue with meat-free alternatives (but they need to taste good) and use natural materials.

‘Mocky Ds’ in Nottingham makes brilliant vegan big macs....

Top Bottom