Inadvertently Bought a Vegan Sausage Roll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Personally speaking, I'd not consider it vegetarian as insects are sentient. Though in all fairness, as a "vegetarian" I have milk in my tea and eat eggs. I have thought I should be called a vegedairian :smile:
I think Ovo-lacto-veggie was the term....

Smudge

Veteran
Personally speaking, I'd not consider it vegetarian as insects are sentient. Though in all fairness, as a "vegetarian" I have milk in my tea and eat eggs. I have thought I should be called a vegedairian :smile:

Well thats the thing isn't it. Vegetarians tend to have differing views on what they will eat and what they wont, They draw that shifting line where they want, much the same as meat eaters. Which is fine by me. As a meat eater, i couldn't bring myself to eat dog, which i guess is hypocritical as they are animals like any other. But thats my choice.
Many vegetarians don't eat meat for environmental reasons and they do have a point. Intensive livestock farming has a massive environmental impact on this planet. Substituting insects as food could reduce that.
Whether vegetarians would eat those insects, would be purely down to the individual vegetarian. And meat eaters come to that.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In the EU, Russia, the middle East and Asia they never contained those things in or for a lot of years before 2016. America is something else though.
Interested where you got that info. from.
It's a website by The Independent (the former newspaper).

This is a problem with global brands. As soon as you find a list of ingredients, someone says "oh, but that shoot's not in the UK recipe" but the UK website just says it contains "{{data.item}}" or similar stuff that looks like the database farted into a web page because we're too small a market for them to keep a website orking and our labelling laws for online takeaway orders are pathetic. :cursing:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's a website by The Independent (the former newspaper).

This is a problem with global brands. As soon as you find a list of ingredients, someone says "oh, but that shoot's not in the UK recipe" but the UK website just says it contains "{{data.item}}" or similar stuff that looks like the database farted into a web page because we're too small a market for them to keep a website orking and our labelling laws for online takeaway orders are pathetic. :cursing:
Ah, the press eh?
I think the McD UK website has very comprehensive ingredient declaration and nutritional info. section for all its products. It also used to have footage of them being made too. Not looked for ages tho....

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ah, the press eh?
I think the McD UK website has very comprehensive ingredient declaration and nutritional info. section for all its products. It also used to have footage of them being made too. Not looked for ages tho....
As I wrote, that "comprehensive ingredient declaration" was numerous "{{data.item}}" statements when I looked yesterday. Blame the non- publisher, not the press, please.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I unwittingly bought a vegan cheese sandwich the other day. It was alright.
You need to work on your faux outrage.

Top Bottom