Inadvertently Bought a Vegan Sausage Roll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO

AndyRM

XOXO
I had a wonderful dinner at a vegan restaurant recently, which was topped off with the best ice-cream I have ever had (outside of Italy).
If anyone's interested it's called The 78 and is on Kelvinhaugh St, Finnieston.

I'd hesitate to call them a chain, but all the restaurants in that group serve top notch food. Highly recommended. Mono is dangerous though. Went in for lunch and came out with £200 of music!

Dave7

Legendary Member
I occasionally make a chilli with Quorn mince for a veggie friend, it tastes different to meat but still quite nice
Sadly Quorn mince affects me and Mrs D the same......bloated stomachs. Same affect with quorn sausage. We both enjoy Cauldron sausages though.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I had a wonderful dinner at a vegan restaurant recently, which was topped off with the best ice-cream I have ever had (outside of Italy).
If anyone's interested it's called The 78 and is on Kelvinhaugh St, Finnieston.
The 13th note is the Merchant City is really tasty too, they do (only) vegan pub food.
The pub itself is a bit basic, but the food I would certainly recommend even if you're not vegan.

OP
OP
delb0y

delb0y

Legendary Member
It's a slippery slope, OP has bought a single vegan item and has already succumbed to the urge to tell everyone about it...

It was more the fact that it had been hidden away in the cooked meat section that bothered me. If this sort of thing is allowed to continue I shall have to pay attention when I'm shopping.

I have nothing against vegans etc but i do have a question , why do they buy stuff that imitates a meat product ?
Vegan Bingo.

It really pains me to have to state the bleedin' obvious - that meat doesn't arrive from nature in neat bite friendly shapes. It's processed to look that way and be that shape. What shape would you have vegan food adopt?

How long before someone pops up with the 'plants have feelings too' trope?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Vegan Bingo.

It really pains me to have to state the bleedin' obvious - that meat doesn't arrive from nature in neat bite friendly shapes. It's processed to look that way and be that shape. What shape would you have vegan food adopt?

How long before someone pops up with the 'plants have feelings too' trope?
I didnt say that though . i am asking a genuine question why there seems to be a need to make products the imitate the texture and shape of meat products without prejudice on my part as i was genuinely interested without having to resort to sniping .

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
As a vegetarian, I'll try to answer, no sniping.

Just because you choose to be a vegetarian doesn't preclude you from liking the texture or taste of meat. I personally think some meat flavours and textures are appealing* so why not use that? I think many vegetarians are vegetarian because of moral/health/peer pressure/ingredients concerns, not because of any inherent dislike of the flavour or texture. Add in the fact that burgers are a handy way to meld and present veggie products together, and you can see why.

*interestingly I had an Impossible Burger and couldn't enjoy it. I think to a meat eater it would have genuinely tasted delicious, but it was so close to my memory of what meat tasted like -and since I'm a vegetarian from a moral perspective -I just couldn't enjoy it!

I didnt say that though . i am asking a genuine question why there seems to be a need to make products the imitate the texture and shape of meat products without prejudice on my part as i was genuinely interested without having to resort to sniping .

Top Bottom