Inconsiderate roadies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doctornige

Out at the weekend with caravan in tow came a cross 3 roadies all cycling abreast,they knew i was behind them and made no attempt to go single file indeed one of them just sniggered when he looked back
So after half a mile i just drove straight past them forcing all 3 to the inside two of whom collided with each other.
i pulled up jumped out and gave the third one a smack in the mouth was tempted to take the bikes and give them all an hiding but the cops turned up.
Cops took statement and i was told to go on my way.
f***ing roadies when ever you see a group of them on the road they think they own it.:thumbsdown:
Like fark you did. Knobber.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Someone with a caravan wouldn't have the physical prowess to "smack the third one in the mouth".
It would have taken all your strength to get out of the car....:girl:

400bhp

Guru
You just exposed your own stupidity, overtaking 3 cyclists in single file is harder than overtaking them three a breast. They where doing you a favour. That is of course if this was even true in the first place.

Depends upon the layout of the road Gaz.

sidevalve

Über Member
Regardless of wether the OP was just cack or not it does raise an interesting point. You do get a fair few [usually roadie I'm afraid] types who seem to have a worse attitude than a lot of the car drivers they pretend to despise. They will use the "primary position" not as a safe riding tool but often as some sort of weapon. I know it's a small minority but it seems to happen more often these days. It doesn't excuse stupid driving but it doesn't do any of us any good.

zizou

Veteran
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

chewy

LoL, you forgot to mention, They went through a red light, he was not wearing a helmet and that the other had headphones in.

And not a tax disc in sight!

gavintc

Guru
Regardless of wether the OP was just cack or not it does raise an interesting point. You do get a fair few [usually roadie I'm afraid] types who seem to have a worse attitude than a lot of the car drivers they pretend to despise. They will use the "primary position" not as a safe riding tool but often as some sort of weapon. I know it's a small minority but it seems to happen more often these days. It doesn't excuse stupid driving but it doesn't do any of us any good.

All depends if you are pissed off having wing mirrors brush your elbows and decide that making a driver notice you is a weapon or not.

Out at the weekend with caravan in tow came a cross 3 roadies all cycling abreast,they knew i was behind them and made no attempt to go single file indeed one of them just sniggered when he looked back
So after half a mile i just drove straight past them forcing all 3 to the inside two of whom collided with each other.
i pulled up jumped out and gave the third one a smack in the mouth was tempted to take the bikes and give them all an hiding but the cops turned up.
Cops took statement and i was told to go on my way.
f***ing roadies when ever you see a group of them on the road they think they own it.:thumbsdown:

So you used a vehicle as a weapon to drive people off the road, then you committed an assault, then the police told you to go on your way.
... and in the meantime 3 cyclists did not get up and kick the shoot out of you? I would.
How are things over on Safespeed? :troll:

Get In The Van

Surely the correct proceedure would have been to invite all the 'roadies' into your car and really show them how to block the road with your aluminium roadblock on wheels, whilst also driving at the same speed on all roads regardless of said road speed limit.

Peteaud

Veteran
Thats nothing.

Me and 2 mates out for a ride today and some f***er in a 4x4 and a caravan behind us.

We gave him loads of room but seeing as his driving skills were very much lacking he followed us for a while (my mate reckoned he was checking out his ar$e in his new Assos lycra) but in the end he just floored it and drove by.

The main problem was, as he passed we looked at him as seeing the state of the poor bloke (my god he looked gay with that pink string vest on) we fell about laughing and bl00dy crashed.

He must have see us because he stopped and jumped out, but he was so limp wristed we just fell about.

A local police car was passing and told the guy to go home and seek medical help.

^_^

Top Bottom