Inconsistencies or plot holes in films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The bit in bold i actually read with that stuttering "acting style" of shatner where you put the emphasis in strange places. You see I can't act neither! But I can at least "sing" as well as Shatner. :laugh:
... whilst I couldn't help reading this bold bit in a Welsh accent. (I've just come off the phone to a colleague in Newport, so I think the accent was pretty good if I do say so myself).

Just me? ...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
As mentioned a couple of months ago.

In Gerry Andersons UFO, SHADO is top secret....which is why the mobiles have 'SHADO' written on them :okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Here's a few more from 'This Town'.

1) A lot of outdoor shots show LED street lighting. It hadn't been invented in 1981.

2) Virgil has been in the army for three years and is already a sergeant. He'd have been lucky to have made Lance Corporal (the lowest NCO rank) in that time.

3) Bardon and his father kidnap the man who burgled his mother's flat. She was unconscious throughout the robbery. How did she know who had done it?

There is also a panoramic shot of Birmingham that shows the new Bull Ring center instead of the 1960's monstrosity, the Rotunda with full length windows instead of its half length originals and a huge patch of land cleared for HS2.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
2) Virgil has been in the army for three years and is already a sergeant. He'd have been lucky to have made Lance Corporal (the lowest NCO rank) in that time.

More likely back then as there was no junior NCO command course for lance corporal or corporal like today, or senior NCO command course for sergeants, so progression could be a little more compressed. Even so, three years would indeed be going some outside of wartime.

I was in four years and was only given my first tape close to the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom