Inconsistencies or plot holes in films

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Well you live and learn. I grew up in the West Midlands (that is the bits of the Midlands that are West, not East) and I never knew it stretched so far East! :laugh:

Interesting that there are chunks of the East Midlands that are West of Coventry.:wacko:
View attachment 726561

@Dogtrousers - I was in one of the top bits on Sunday (Glossop) and it's north of Sheffield. Which is in Yorkshire yet I was in Derbyshire.

Had fun watching SWMBO's look when I told her I rode from where we live (West Yorkshire) to Derbyshire :okay:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
@Dogtrousers - I was in one of the top bits on Sunday (Glossop) and it's north of Sheffield. Which is in Yorkshire yet I was in Derbyshire.

Had fun watching SWMBO's look when I told her I rode from where we live (West Yorkshire) to Derbyshire :okay:

My mum is from Glossop. She’s always regarded it as basically a suburb of Manchester.

classic33

Leg End Member
The last series of Happy Valley had a character go to court in (supposedly) Leeds, then ride a bike back to Halifax area. The court is actually in Bolton so I've got a little respect for the effort involved in riding back that quickly!
From Leeds to the road(WithensRoad/Cold Edge Road) he stopped on is under 90 minutes riding time. However the direction he's headed in, towards Halifax, shows he travelled round the north of Bradford before arriving there.

DRM

Guru
From Leeds to the road(WithensRoad/Cold Edge Road) he stopped on is under 90 minutes riding time. However the direction he's headed in, towards Halifax, shows he travelled round the north of Bradford before arriving there.
Which shows what a hard case he was, braver man than me riding in Bradford !!!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

Living in Bristol when Casualty was shot here was always fun. An accident would be seen in the city centre, next shot would be an ambulance speeding to the scene...elsewhere in the city going in completely the wrong direction :laugh:.

I read once that in one of the Dirty Harry movies where he runs from one phone box to another to try and rescue a woman who was kidnapped, if he did actually run the whole distance, it would have been a 26 mile marathon. Editing eh?....Plus wouldn't work today as we've all got cellphones.

captain nemo1701

Legend are again repeating Knight Rider and its choc full of boobs (...no...not THAT sort)...goofs/gaffes and daft writing.
the other night, Mike threw a gizmo into KITT's trunk that exploded. KITT was undamaged and commented that they'd never get the smell out of his upholstery. Now, KITT's exterior is protected by the 'molecular bonded shell' which gives him the armour plating of a tank, but the interior?.

Mike did it in another episode where the baddies bomb could 'take out a city block' but the resulting bang probably wouldn't have blown the door of an ice cream van...:blush:

In one episode, KITT gets submerged in an acid bath and the interior dissolved, including the plastic steering wheel. If I remember school chemistry, plastic isn't affected by acid.

In the USA, cars are apparently fuelled by something approaching nitro-glycerine as they all explode in huge fireball given the slightest prang...

Legend channel are running Mission Impossible before and in last nights story, they break out of a cell using gunpowder from bullets to blow a hole in the stone wall. But while they're cutting stone bocks free to enlarge the hole...most of the upper wall set clearly wobbles!.

Living in Bristol when Casualty was shot here was always fun. An accident would be seen in the city centre, next shot would be an ambulance speeding to the scene...elsewhere in the city going in completely the wrong direction :laugh:.

I read once that in one of the Dirty Harry movies where he runs from one phone box to another to try and rescue a woman who was kidnapped, if he did actually run the whole distance, it would have been a 26 mile marathon. Editing eh?....Plus wouldn't work today as we've all got cellphones.

These days, plot holes must be full to the brim of non functioning mobile phones that, if functioning correctly, would obliviate the need for almost any filmic cliche.

captain nemo1701

These days, plot holes must be full to the brim of non functioning mobile phones that, if functioning correctly, would obliviate the need for almost any filmic cliche.

In one Six Million Dollar Man story, they're - allegedly - in the UK, so Oscar Goldman makes a call in a phone box... that isn't red, looks very much like a 1970's US-booth and is located about 3m from the pavement in the middle of a car park.....No phone box will be put where cars can drive into it :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Legend are again repeating Knight Rider and its choc full of boobs (...no...not THAT sort)...goofs/gaffes and daft writing.
the other night, Mike threw a gizmo into KITT's trunk that exploded. KITT was undamaged and commented that they'd never get the smell out of his upholstery. Now, KITT's exterior is protected by the 'molecular bonded shell' which gives him the armour plating of a tank, but the interior?.

Mike did it in another episode where the baddies bomb could 'take out a city block' but the resulting bang probably wouldn't have blown the door of an ice cream van...:blush:

In one episode, KITT gets submerged in an acid bath and the interior dissolved, including the plastic steering wheel. If I remember school chemistry, plastic isn't affected by acid.

In the USA, cars are apparently fuelled by something approaching nitro-glycerine as they all explode in huge fireball given the slightest prang...

Next you will be telling me that the A team weren’t really Vietnam veterans wanted for a crime they didn’t commit.

Dadam

In one Six Million Dollar Man story, they're - allegedly - in the UK, so Oscar Goldman makes a call in a phone box... that isn't red, looks very much like a 1970's US-booth and is located about 3m from the pavement in the middle of a car park.....No phone box will be put where cars can drive into it :laugh:

Most US TV shows from the 70s to the 90s if they had an episode set in the UK they would be staying in a stately home, guests of aristocracy or royalty, and everyone would know everyone else because of course the entire population is either a member of, or in service to, aristocracy.
Of course the only locations will be London where everyone gets about in a Rolls or Mini, or Scotland where everyone wears tweed and plus fours and shoots grouse.

Does anyone else pick up fantasy films for their inaccurate science? I mean I find myself getting angry about how something is totally inaccurate according to newtonian physics while they're floating on a dystopia city held up by loads of balloons and airships in a totally impossible way. It's that just me or does anyone else do it?

DRM

Guru

Talking of directional Faux Pas in films, in the sound of music, when the Von Trapp family escaped from Salzburg, and the pursuing Nazi's, they headed off across the mountains, which the guide on the walking tour we went on told us heads straight into Germany !!

Top Bottom