Incredibly Excited *bouncing off walls*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Heroic work Alice.:okay:
There's nothing quite like pressing the Buy button for a new bike.

It will be faster @StuAff ;-) I'm gonna make sure of it! Just need to decide on a handlebar tape colour.

I'm thinking orange or red?!!!

Why not both? red on one side, orange on the other. Or even alternate by wrapping some of one over the other, but that will require excess tape, and probably feel weird your second layer only covering 50% of the bottom layer.......... :banghead:

Seriously tho I use black bar tape myself. Hides the dirt better.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
It will be faster @StuAff ;-) I'm gonna make sure of it! Just need to decide on a handlebar tape colour.

As any fule kno, it should be red on the left and green on the right. You'll sail along!
Oh, hang on a minute - am I in the wrong forum again?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

The bad news: No, it won't be. 45,000 miles with GPS data on six different bikes with five different wheel/tyre combinations says there's little difference in overall speed between the fastest bikes (Viner and Litespeed) and slower ones (the Trek and my Dahons). 5-10% tops. Litespeed is definitely faster than the Viner in a lot of conditions- bigger tyres just handle rougher road surfaces better, and disc brakes are often better than callipers, certainly just in confidence.
The good news: Oh yes it will. The Allez will feel faster, nothing wrong with a placebo effect if it works. You might end up faster if you enjoy riding it faster simply because you end up putting more effort in. And if you do that, all your bikes get faster. Which is a win!

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
WELL! The Big Day! I was so worried it wouldn't be delivered, the status changed at 7am this morning saying it was being sent from Maidstone so I called TNT for a vague window if possible and they called me back and the guy was ten minutes away! It was delivered at 8:45 this morning! I immediately got to work checking it all over and it DID come with pedals, basic, but fine for now.

I have just left it at my local shop so they could give it an official check over, put my new tape on and pump my tyres up as my parents took my bike pump on holiday!!!

So here she is....the photo doesn't do it justice AT ALL!

2018%20allez_zpsbjhoty9z.jpg

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
My first official test will be on Thursday as I can't collect it till Wednesday due to my shifts etc. I will be taking it to be the Gravesend cyclopark to get use to it all without cars and tractors trying to mow me down!

Top Bottom