Indian Pacific Wheel Race

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by dim, 29 Dec 2016.

1. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

There's a 160km between them still. Sarah hammond is coming under threat for third place with Kai Edel slowly closing the gap. Meanwhile at the back, Juliana Buhring is no longer last having passed Paul Ardill and Christie Hamilton. The latter having bent her wheel in a bike stand when her bike was blown over and is still trying to repair it

Last edited: 30 Mar 2017
  2. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Think you mean Sarah Hammond for third place.

Where are you picking up the extra information from? E.G. The latter having bent her wheel in a bike stand when her bike was blown over and is still trying to repair it

3. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I do. Edited

Click on the rider and then click on rider profile. A lot of them have Instagram/Facebook/webpages

4. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Cheers

5. 13 rider

13 rider Guru

Finish is marked at 5401 so leader has 215km to go .How long do you reckon 20 km an hour 12 hours or quicker could be done by early morning

6. Reiver

Reiver Ribbit, Ribbit.

I would imagine it would be quite exciting when they start the big desent from Mount Murray, should be able to see the sea and may be smell it, it will be quite a moment.

It looks from the wind map both Tim and Kristoff will have a good tail wind for their coastal run into Sydney.

7. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Frank is on the road again.

User482, Shaun and theclaud like this.
  8. Shaun

Shaun Founder Moderator

9. redfalo

redfalo known as Olaf in real life

James Hayden has launched a Just Giving campaign to collect money for Mike's family: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Mikehall

Shaun likes this.
  10. k_green

k_green Well-Known Member

I think some friends are cycling with Mike to Wales tonight, I thought there was going to be a tracker. Anyone know where to see it?

Shaun and Cuchilo like this.
  11. What a lovely gesture.

Trackleaders.com/mikeslastdot17

If that does not work you can get the link on thTranscontinental Race page on Facebook.

I must admit that it is strange watching Mikes dot moving again. I watched it stop in Australia.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017
    theclaud and Cuchilo like this.
  12. k_green

k_green Well-Known Member

:sad:

13. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

Me too. Thanks for the link.

14. Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

A new video documenting the race. I haven't watched it yet, but will on the weekend, perhaps.

Adam4868, r04DiE, slowmotion and 2 others like this.
  15. frank9755

frank9755 Cyclist

I've just watched it now.
    Quite a good film, but still very sad.
    Good interviews with Pat and Anna, and also several with Kristof.

EDIT And of course, with Mike, who was always interesting to listen to but, somehow, I blotted those out immediately afterwards, probably because a bit too painful.

Last edited: 25 Aug 2017
    slowmotion and Shut Up Legs like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice