Indian Pacific Wheel Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think some friends are cycling with Mike to Wales tonight, I thought there was going to be a tracker. Anyone know where to see it?

What a lovely gesture.

Trackleaders.com/mikeslastdot17

If that does not work you can get the link on thTranscontinental Race page on Facebook.

I must admit that it is strange watching Mikes dot moving again. I watched it stop in Australia.

Last edited:

k_green

I must admit that it is strange watching Mikes dot moving again. I watched it stop in Australia.
:sad:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What a lovely gesture.

Trackleaders.com/mikeslastdot17

If that does not work you can get the link on thTranscontinental Race page on Facebook.

Me too. Thanks for the link.

frank9755

Cyclist
I've just watched it now.
Quite a good film, but still very sad.
Good interviews with Pat and Anna, and also several with Kristof.

EDIT And of course, with Mike, who was always interesting to listen to but, somehow, I blotted those out immediately afterwards, probably because a bit too painful.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just watched the first 20 minutes of it, and will watch more later. It's good so far, and of course for me, I can play the "I've seen that spot before" game, since I've lived in Australia my whole life (although I've actually only crossed the Nullarbor once, and it was decades ago and by car).

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I remember some of the ultra-distancers that I follow on Twitter (and some that I don't) summing up the documentary in exactly the same way as you guys have. Its a much watch for me, so thank you to @Shut Up Legs for the reminder!

What was going on when Kristoff and Mike met up. There was a fair amount of gesticulating, it didn't look so friendly, as if Mike was peeved at something?

His inquest is on-going but the BBC report this morning is at
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45622381

The first part of the comment

He said Mr Hall had been wearing dark clothing with little reflective material at the time of the collision.
However, the inquest was also played documentary footage of Mr Hall racing at night in which he was visible.

is obviously factual, but disappointing.

Top Bottom