Indian Pacific Wheel Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Past 3000km and hes past my yearly total which I thought was quite good in 11 days
Go Frank
Ha ha, and he's not far off half my annual 7600km - it's just crazy! 11 days :O

Well after considering quitting and taking a long sleep, Frank is back up amongst the people he'd been with previously which is a remarkable recovery. A few dots seemed to have stalled, perhaps having their own crisis but so far Kristof Allegaert looks untouchable at the front.

At the back Juju, Juliana Buhring, after hospital treatment and starting again, is perhaps another 24hrs off catching the back marker, mind you, he is 74!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Well after considering quitting and taking a long sleep, Frank is back up amongst the people he'd been with previously which is a remarkable recovery. A few dots seemed to have stalled, perhaps having their own crisis but so far Kristof Allegaert looks untouchable at the front.

At the back Juju, Juliana Buhring, after hospital treatment and starting again, is perhaps another 24hrs off catching the back marker, mind you, he is 74!
And there's a video online where she says she's padded a tyre with a towel because she's run out of tubes. Completely bananas!

Shaun

Founder
I think @frank9755 deserves a big banner for when before he gets home. Everyone on this forum should know his name. Maybe a job for @Moderators?
A good idea - we'll throw him a thread-party when he gets back. In the meantime, a bit of encouragement shouldn't go amiss: https://twitter.com/CycleChat/status/846852513072590851 :okay:

Kristoff took a long break on the Alpine mtn road last night and Mike Hall got very close before I went to bed. It's sometimes difficult to tell where things are up to as it depends how often the trackers update but that's the point where things seemed to change. Sarah Hammond has fallen a few hundred Km's back now and those two are probably going to push each other pretty hard to the finish.

This is the first time I've really got involved in dot watching, it's fascinating.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Love the tracker https://indianpacificwheelrace.maprogress.com/# - very detailed and enjoyed rewinding the timeline to watch Frank's tag scuttle along thousands of Km's of Aussie road. Hat's off to everyone attempting the race.

I haven't read-up on the rules / details - do the stopwatch markers on the tracker map indicate where riders need to get to each day? Are they check-in points that must be reached, or just organised stopping / rest points that are targets rather than absolutes?

k_green

Can't imagine racing so hard for 1000 km let alone with 4500 already in the legs. Amazing riders. Hoping Sarah can hold onto third too.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Kristof Allegaert ahead again by about 50m - this is too much! :O

Top Bottom