Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Informal Ride 08/12/12

Informal Ride What Route ?

• Glasgow to Balloch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Bike is staying firmly inside during this weather, got the bike set up on the turbo so that'll do me until the ice clears, also made me add some more tunes to the pod to train along to,
the ride looks decent though and hoperfully when the better weather comes in, i'll be able to get over to the west for a spin

Col5632

Guru
Yeah, I'm not doing any sort of descending in this weather. Had a big slide on some ice this morning, but managed to keep upright.

You still using same bike and tyres etc?

Bike is staying firmly inside during this weather, got the bike set up on the turbo so that'll do me until the ice clears, also made me add some more tunes to the pod to train along to,
the ride looks decent though and hoperfully when the better weather comes in, i'll be able to get over to the west for a spin

What turbo you got?

Rasmus

Without a clever title
You still using same bike and tyres etc?

Yeah. My commute is almost exclusively main urban roads, which are usually well cleared and gritted. The issue this morning was on a minor residential road I sometimes use as a shortcut - it was not cleared.

Col5632

Guru
Yeah. My commute is almost exclusively main urban roads, which are usually well cleared and gritted. The issue this morning was on a minor residential road I sometimes use as a shortcut - it was not cleared.

Well every road including main (school) routes were still covered in ice, tapped the front brake and down i went :sad:

D

Deleted member 20519

Well every road including main (school) routes were still covered in ice, tapped the front brake and down i went :sad:
Ouch! Hope you're alright! Everyone seems to be going down I'm this weather, including myself. Unfortunately I can't afford a winter bike or a trainer so I'm stuck having to risk the ice in order to ride. My PBS has turbo sessions for three quid once a week but that's about it.

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
yeah just saw that col think the turbo is gonna be seeing a lot of use this year

zizou

Veteran
You all need to get to the velodrome...no ice (a nice and warm 25 degrees or so) and dry and so much more fun that turbo trainers!

Actually if there is enough interest (say about 15 people) then i can look into booking a CC group session in the new year?

D

Deleted member 20519

You all need to get to the velodrome...no ice (a nice and warm 25 degrees or so) and dry and so much more fun that turbo trainers!

Actually if there is enough interest (say about 15 people) then i can look into booking a CC group session in the new year?

I'd definitely be up for it! I take it that it would be the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome?

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
Zizou sounds like a plan dont know how the sessions work but i know the accreditation sessions are fully booked till january

zizou

Veteran
Zizou sounds like a plan dont know how the sessions work but i know the accreditation sessions are fully booked till january

Yeah it has been very busy since it opened, i'm working my way through accreditation at the moment and it has been a little frustrating having to wait so long between sessions! It has been so busy they were not allowing group bookings to be made but i think that is changing soon

Top Bottom