Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Informal Ride 08/12/12

Informal Ride What Route ?

• Glasgow to Balloch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Not sure I'll make it along, although I really want to - somehow the threads for the centering screw in my rear brake has been stripped so I need to find a bigger screw, LBS says I have to leave it with them which obviously I don't want to do.

I don't particularly want to risk going out relying on just my front brake, especially not in this weather.

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
Surely that should be covered by warranty ??

Stevie Mcluskey

Über Member
3 so far, hopefully be able to pass 4 before the year is out

Zizou.How does the accreditation work ? Is it to allow you to race ? Do you just need to complete the induction to be able to subsequently book a session for just exercise / fitness ?
Have passed by it a few times.Must try and get a look inside.

D

Deleted member 20519

Just confirming that this ride is still on?

D

Deleted member 20519

Yes its definately on i will be there at canal station in the car park about 9:45am

Not feeling too great right now but I will aim to make it to the ride, I might have to get a train back from Largs but hopefully I'll be well enough to do the full loop.

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
well there is the train for bail outs i dont think we will be doing any great pace just enough to keep warm ;-)

zizou

Veteran
Zizou.How does the accreditation work ? Is it to allow you to race ? Do you just need to complete the induction to be able to subsequently book a session for just exercise / fitness ?
Have passed by it a few times.Must try and get a look inside.

You need the full accreditation to race, do the structured training sessions or to attend the accreditated drop in sessions (if you are looking at time to ride as you please and do you own thing then this is it). I think just doing the induction allows access to private sessions but you would need to be part of a group booking to take advantage of this.

However the timetable and requirements seem to be changing all the time so this information might already be out of date!

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
I am working tomorrow: have a great ride all of you, careful of the ice, paths are still quite slippery :hello:
yep thats why we are avoiding the cycle paths looking at the roads here it does not look too good but main route should be no problem

Booyaa

Veteran
Hope the ride went well. Re the velodrome, not been on one since the outdoor one at Grangemouth about 20 years ago! Would be interested in giving that a go.

Hi guys,

Hope the ride went well and sorry I didn't make it :-(

I underestimated the headwind, and seriously underestimated my hangover!
I got to the car park about 10:10 and didn't know which way you had gone so couldn't chase you.

Cheers
Ed

Top Bottom