informal rides query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
ttcycle said:
what's this? I'm away for a few hours and this is what I come back to??!!

To dispell any myths - he is indeed a she. Tut tut aren't you a bunch of stereotypers?

No seriously, I have been training this year but have ben dogged with injuries and sickness all throughout so I doubt I'll be giving you gents a run for your money- feel free to place bets but that would be a waste of cash in my eyes, crap endurance and mediocre sprinting are my current forte...hence the need for longer rides- Team Astanta my ass...! Trying to get the miles in to just get stronger base fitness is the plan and just to enjoy it again as working up to a race and then not being able to do it has been a massive blow and just been off the bike and not making gains since illness.

Weekends up at RP are much easier for me to get to - last time with my run buddy we started from London Bridge at 7:15 so early is not a problem (though that was very early by my standards)

TopCat1 - When is everyone meeting for this? Might be able to come along if I'm not already engaged.

:thumbsup::blush:

Apologies ttcycle for the conclusion jumping, I'm usually a bit more cautious before assigning genders ro usernames.

RP this weekend would be out for me as I'm doing the FNRttC, but always up for a spin around the park usually (as long as it's not p****ing it down like now).

Mike, fancy coming down for a quick couple of laps of the park :tongue:

Apart from Sheffield in a couple of weeks (if they can ever decide on a day) there aren't many other CC rides planned until the end of November :sad:

SD - fancy leading one in October?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hmmm... was toying with the idea of doing something around the parks of london but can't do 1st weekend of oct (sis and her bf coming down and also a christening to go to (not mine)).

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
later on in October would be good but will have to confirm closer to the time as have some surgery this month and depends on if I'm recovered (it just gets better and better I tell ya!)

redjedi

Über Member
Good luck tt. I hope it's nothing too serious.

So that's SD down for ride leader in October. Visiting all his favourite ponds :thumbsup:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
not a definite Luke - I don't really think I am strong enough a rider to be a ride leader but we'll see... all that guiding people in london traffic might get a bit hairy!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
thanks for asking redjedi- nothing serious, just routine but means at least two weeks off the bike and more time for the old lungs to turn to iron during bedrest.

Shall we bring stale bread for sd to peck at?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
depends where you wanted to go...the delights of a London commute in traffic - I quiet like it actually - that and racing other commuters..

Otherwise I might offer the 'Monday Mouseketeer' i-player ride...ie: see it again...The same one but starting promptly, and catching some turning leaves at Burnham Beeches, cut out the Dorneywood investigation, Bisham Abbey (seen one you seen 'em all :tongue:) Littlewick Green = out + brutalist wrecked garage. In fact, an Autumn landscape quest.
Oh, and someone famous is bound to be staying at Cliveden so might as well scrub that too...:thumbsup:

mike e

I'm liking this idea

"The Autumnal London Parks Ride"

We could choose a date in October, a Saturday would be better for me, and visit as many parks as possible feeding the ducks as we go....

I'm happy to lead or co-lead the ride as I know how to get to some parks sort of.........:thumbsup:

Saturday 24th October as a starter for 10 ???

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Would be a good ride - the 24th was mooted by Mike e - any objections? it will be getting chilly towards the tail end of October but that adds to the fun surely?!

Top Bottom