Injured cyclist 'deliberately' struck in York hit-and-run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Appeal for information
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-52825213
Two cyclists injured one now left with a broken back in what looks to be deliberate attack
On Monday 25th May 2020 B122, about a mile south of Naburn marina between 10:30 to 10:50 BST struck by a dark (black/grey) 'focus' style car.
Anyone with information on the collision should contact North Yorkshire Police.
One of the guys was the victim of a hit and run last year too. So let's get the word out we can't have this it's beyond words one to leave humans injured but to do it deliberately is behold being a low life.

Venod

Eh up
This is a road I regularly use, I hope the motorist is caught and locked up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...synn6QJAKKlLIZDF5U1Ng-PYGvffc4IF9eyRmJ4pRz-Eg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

What a weird world we live in when my first thought after the initial unrepeatable words for the driver was, what are two unrelated presumably not shared Rotherham housemates doing riding together 50 miles from home.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That road is quiet and wide, not straight but with enough views.

That the cyclist should have been left is abysmal: there won't be much CCTV there unfortunately but it's possible at some points. Hopefully they make a recovery.

D

Deleted member 26715

DSK

How sad.... what can you say... what can you do.....

Even if they had cameras, there are so many vehicles in this day/age that are illegal in some way (drivers with false documents, cloned vehicles, false plates etc) that the real offender is unlikely to be traced, let alone caught. Offenders such as this are playing god with others lives and lively hoods yet, sadly this sort of thing, is becoming an accepted form of normality.

Simple, continue to turn a blind eye and it gets worse. Introduce serious penalties/punishments (and I don't mean driving bans and a £1000 fines), invest a couple of quid to genuinely improve infrastructure and road users safety to bring road related incident right down.

Venod

Eh up
What a weird world we live in when my first thought after the initial unrepeatable words for the driver was, what are two unrelated presumably not shared Rotherham housemates doing riding together 50 miles from home.

I am ashamed to say, I too also had that thought.

rivers

How far can I go?

Seeing as we're allowed to meet up for a socially distanced ride with one person from another household, and are allowed unlimited exercise, they were acting within the current guidelines.

D

Deleted member 26715

Seeing as we're allowed to meet up for a socially distanced ride with one person from another household, and are allowed unlimited exercise, they were acting within the current guidelines.
It was more a comment on my thought process rather than the facts, although you are just guessing at the scenario as much as I am.

Top Bottom