Insignificant observations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
why are the bulbs of the candle arch brighter one end then the other.. that's why the bulb went. Must be faulty.
Is the far end from the plug dimmer?

That's coz the electricity gets tired going up and down the steps...
nope, other way round...

I'm not even going to get involved with this!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
[/electronic engineer hat]

Brains

Legendary Member
I have holes in nearly all of my socks because of a carpet tack which is sticking out of my stair carpet and which sometimes catches my heels when I am walking down the stairs. I have known about this tack since 1988 but keep forgetting to find a hammer and knock it in! So far, it must have ruined about 100 pairs of socks ... :whistle:

After about the 10th pair of socks I got out the hammer and nail remover.
I removed 110 nails from a single step!
It took all evening to do all 14 steps (something very zen like about it though)
I filled a 2 litre paint pot with panel pins, nails, staples and screws from the single flight of steps (and 100 years of stair carpets)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After about the 10th pair of socks I got out the hammer and nail remover.
I removed 110 nails from a single step!
It took all evening to do all 14 steps (something very zen like about it though)
I filled a 2 litre paint pot with panel pins, nails, staples and screws from the single flight of steps (and 100 years of stair carpets)
Blimey!

I must admit that every time I catch a sock on that tack, I curse myself for not sorting it out but I'm usually in a hurry to go out for a forum ride, catch a bus (whatever) and put it off. Of course, it then gets forgotten until the next time ...

longers

Legendary Member
Not insignificant for him but probably for you - I've just rescued the fat cat from off the porch roof, he'd been up there quite a while it seems judging by the lack of footprints in the snow. Stuck up there because he's only got three working legs.

Once a week, in the town centre, a street musician pitches up with accordion in hand and proceeds to play the same 10 note discordant refrain for hours on end.

We are trying to work out whether this exercise has made him mad or whether it was madness which started it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blimey!

I must admit that every time I catch a sock on that tack, I curse myself for not sorting it out but I'm usually in a hurry to go out for a forum ride, catch a bus (whatever) and put it off. Of course, it then gets forgotten until the next time ...

You could try wearing shoes! Or clogs, hammer the nail in gradually as you go up and down.

We were brought up to wear shoes in the house, unlike some, because walking around in socks wore socks out. I suspect this says something about the relative value of our socks and our (rented flat) carpet...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why did the Posty not knock or ring the bell for a parcel he was delivering. I watched him walk up the path and post a collect later card through the letterbox. I surprised the life of him when I opened the door.

Top Bottom