Insulated bottles for coffee tarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
I'm lucky enough to be out and about on my bike between work appointments but I find myself spending a small fortune on hot beverages throughout the day.
Now, I'm enough of a tart to want it to look good on the bike so I'm in the market for a stainless steel insulated bottle/flask to fit a King (tulip stylee) bottle cage. 500ml should see me through the day. Kleen Kanteen might be the way to go but does anyone have experience of these or other flasks? Cheers

screenman

Legendary Member
upload_2016-12-14_16-57-54.jpeg

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_0902.JPG
I use this out on the bike.
Fits perfectly into the bottle cage :smile:
Made by a company called Grunwerg, bought mine locally but saw similar on Amazon.
It went "a bit funny" after I put it in the dishwasher but still works ok.

potsy

Rambler
Don't the camelbak chill ones keep things hot too?
As above, they don't keep things hot very long, maybe 30-40 minutes before becoming too cold to drink.
Mine fits in plastic cages the right way up. Not tried it in a metal cage yet as I don't want to scratch it. I put it in the pannier pockets instead. If I'm carrying coffee, about half the time I'm carrying a full picnic :smile:
I put an old sock around mine and it then fits perfectly in the bottle cage, and doesn't rattle :okay:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
From personal experience - not a good idea if your bottle cage is also a metal one. Otherwise expect annoying, incurable rattles that will drive you mad. I prefer the look of shiny stainless steel bottle cages, so I won't be using my stainless flask again unless it's stowed in a pannier.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom