Insulated bottles for coffee tarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have a small ss flask from wilkinsons. To stop it rattling in the cage I put it in a sock.

bikeman66

I'm lucky enough to be out and about on my bike between work appointments but I find myself spending a small fortune on hot beverages throughout the day.
Now, I'm enough of a tart to want it to look good on the bike so I'm in the market for a stainless steel insulated bottle/flask to fit a King (tulip stylee) bottle cage. 500ml should see me through the day. Kleen Kanteen might be the way to go but does anyone have experience of these or other flasks? Cheers
Pffft!, 500ml?? You're obviously not in the building trade! 500ml wouldn't see me past 8.30am :cuppa:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I use a flask from life adventure. I would say that it keeps things warm for an hour or two if you put in everything warm... I put in quite a bit of milk so it cools down quicker but still keeps it warm long enough for me to drink it.

I keep mine in the pannier because of rattling, and also because I think it keeps it warmer.

Sixmile

Veteran
This'll do 24hours cold, 12 hours hot.

https://www.chillysbottles.com/

I like the look and sound of these. Does anyone own one? They look a great solution for the bike, the car and standing on cold terraces watching the football throughout the winter! The problem I've had with normal thermo cups is that the plastic flavours the drink, spillages and it gets cold too quick. This seems to combat the last 2 issues at least.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I use a BikeBuddy plus a flask I bought somewhere or other.
full.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I like the look and sound of these. Does anyone own one? They look a great solution for the bike, the car and standing on cold terraces watching the football throughout the winter! The problem I've had with normal thermo cups is that the plastic flavours the drink, spillages and it gets cold too quick. This seems to combat the last 2 issues at least.

To be honest..... no.

My niece posted a thing on FB the other day about using plastic bottles for art. I shared it, then Chilly bottles popped up.

Grace is getting one for her birthday in January.

View attachment 154256 I use this out on the bike.
Fits perfectly into the bottle cage :smile:
Made by a company called Grunwerg, bought mine locally but saw similar on Amazon.
It went "a bit funny" after I put it in the dishwasher but still works ok.
This is the one, the only one.

Kathmandu used to sell it, and it is still on their australian site, but I can't find it on the UK site anymore. Glad to see it is still out there. Not sure how long it keeps things warm, but I have never had a cold coffee out of it, and a barista once said "I've made it extra hot to keep it warm", and I couldn't drink it for hours. It's better than the Lifeventure one (I have one of them, too) as when you take off the waterproof cap, there is a normal thermal coffee mug sippy lid inside, so no risk of spilling and it doesn't chill down as while you are drinking.

Just checked, it would rattle in my bottle cage, but i just use the carabiner to attach it to my saddle bag. probably only applies with a carradice though.

61071_vacuumcarabiner_a_c15.jpg

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
After careful consideration I splashed out on a 500ml stainless steel thermos from 24bottles. I'm happy to report it's rattle-free without the need for a sock (which I'll keep for other uses, ahem).
It's changed my life (a little bit).
IMAG1607.jpg
IMAG1613.jpg

It keeps my coffee hot for a good six hours even exposed to these cold days in a bottle cage and doesn't retain any smell or taste when I change the liquid for tea. It cost £18.

Sixmile

Veteran
I bought one of the 500ml Chilly Bottles last week and used it for the first time over the weekend. Old before my time, I took some tea along to the footie on Saturday afternoon. I don't know about 12 hours, but it was burning the bake off me a few hours down the line and still tasted like tea, unlike other flasks/bottles. To my shame, I haven't managed to bring it with me on the bike this week yet so don't know how tightly it'll sit in the cage.

Top Bottom