Insurance against cycle theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Fight them all the way.

I work full time, we have 4 children in care, when exactly am i going to do this fighting ....😄 .... Jules and I can't even find time for sex ... !! OK .. time alone for sex ....:laugh: I only get to cycling because the children, 15, 10, 8, 2 .... are asleep .... when i leave ... they have hair trigger hearing and the 2 year old shares our room .... :laugh:

But good point ....

lane

Veteran
When specifying value accessories can add up to a fair bit as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
I work full time, we have 4 children in care, when exactly am i going to do this fighting ....😄 .... Jules and I can't even find time for sex ... !! OK .. time alone for sex ....:laugh: I only get to cycling because the children, 15, 10, 8, 2 .... are asleep .... when i leave ... they have hair trigger hearing and the 2 year old shares our room .... :laugh:

But good point ....
More fool you for having children :whistle:

Oh and if you do find time for sex, make sure you tie a knot in it (metaphorically speaking) ;)

(Said only partly in jest ;) )

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is it confirmed in Ts&Cs that they’ll pay out the £2.5k. I have been warned in past that under insurance can lead to claim being denied!

The good lady just got in and I've asked her to get this verified.
I'll have a dicky fit if they said no.

Thank you for raising this Point @vickster

Landsurfer

Veteran
Do they?
Anyhow that’s a different debate :smile:

Thats why there's so many children in Care ..... because no one cares ...... well some of us do ..... Yet another debate to push into the long grass..

And back to the massively important subject of Cycle Insurance ..... Can't beat a "First World" problem ................:cursing:

TSB
World cover upto £3500.
ALL bikes covered at home. They insist it doesn't matter how many bikes I have?
Excess £50
Replacement pedal cycle hire £25 a day
Public liability £2000000.
Don't appear to have changed the rule on quality of locks, there isn't one, just the, "must be locked to an immovable object"
Have added a new bit to the policy about only paying there share, ie if you have some cover under household insurance they only pay there share. May make sure NOT to be covered on renewal of house insurance.
This is a stand alone insurance no need to have any other insurance with them. Comes under the TSB pick and protect home insurance.
This is my third or fourth renewal.
Premium has risen from £30.24 to £30.37 per year.
I keep meaning to check there gadget insurance.....now that I have gadgets!

If this means you are under insured, you may find they cover nothing if you try to claim. Might be worth checking
This is incorrect if you are 10% under insured they give you 10% less. IE if you insure your house contents for £20,000 when it should have been £22,000 then any claim say £1000 for a carpet will mean you only get £900. This is according to an insurance agent. He claims when insurance companies refuse to pay out they are lyng and the insurance ombodsman will make them pay up.

D

Deleted member 26715

Last year I was with Saga insurance which just about covered the Cube Attention, but was shy on the Cube Acid, I added them as specific items with all the extra add-ons it just about doubled the insurance from around £140 to £260. So I swapped to Sheila's Wheels, £127, Attention listed as £1K, Acid listed as £2.2K, plus same unlimited buildings & £60K contents.

vickster

Legendary Member
This is incorrect if you are 10% under insured they give you 10% less. IE if you insure your house contents for £20,000 when it should have been £22,000 then any claim say £1000 for a carpet will mean you only get £900. This is according to an insurance agent. He claims when insurance companies refuse to pay out they are lyng and the insurance ombodsman will make them pay up.
I'm only mentioning what I was told during a prior conversation when discussing how much cover to include (I can't recall which company, would've been a large one). Ts & Cs may vary between companies (this is in the UK, maybe you're elsewhere?). If my house burns down, I'd like to think that I'm fully covered for the building, fixtures, fittings and all the contents (I now have unlimited cover for a very reasonable premium)

Last edited:
I'm only mentioning what I was told during a prior conversation when discussing how much cover to include (I can't recall which company, would've been a large one). Ts & Cs may vary between companies (this is in the UK, maybe you're elsewhere?). If my house burns down, I'd like to think that I'm fully covered for the building, fixtures, fittings and all the contents (I now have unlimited cover for a very reasonable premium)
I am in the UK, the insurance agent worked for NFU. At the end of the day the insurance ombodsman is the person that counts. I am to lazy to check with them.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's your look out. Personally, I'd rather know that in the event of my home burning to the ground, that I'll be fully covered, than have to go through ombudsman, courts, whatever to get a claim settled and my house rebuilt!

I hope you are not suggesting I am under insured? Nothing I have said implies that.
Everything I have that's insured is fully insured....including the dog. Up to £10,000 in her case.

Top Bottom