Insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dm800

Regular
Reading another thread on here got me thinking about liability insurance. I do most of my cycling on my own as I work shifts and usually ride funny times. Currently not in a club so not got insurance.
Who would be the best to go with. There is a few to choose from but what's peoples opinions

numbnuts

Legendary Member
https://www.cyclinguk.org/join
Been with them for sometime now, never used them so don't know how good they really are

Sharky

Guru
Joining one of the two main organisations will give you insurance cover (Cycling UK or British Cycling). I use the first and they successfully handled my claim in an injury.

Joining a club won't necessarily give you insurance. In fact the clubs I have belonged to, asked or advised members to join one of the two organisations above for the insurance cover.

You may be covered already by your household insurance, but need to read the T&C's of your policy.

Slick

Guru
I know there is a few but as you are asking for opinions, you would need to go a long way to beat British Cycling. The discounts alone would more than make up the initial cost.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I know there is a few but as you are asking for opinions, you would need to go a long way to beat British Cycling. The discounts alone would more than make up the initial cost.

+1.

Wouldn't rely upon household insurance, hence being a BC member.

Frew

Have attempted joining cyclinguk.org today using different browsers but think there might be a problem with the site as it won’t get past selecting the radio button next to my address.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
cycling.uk here.
Not used it yet, apart from claiming various discounts.
Maybe I'm not reading the blurb correctly, but it appeared to me that you had to actually physically go into most of the places where you could get discount to activate the discount card.......not much good living up here.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Maybe I'm not reading the blurb correctly, but it appeared to me that you had to actually physically go into most of the places where you could get discount to activate the discount card.......not much good living up here.
Not sure about that, to be honest, for some places. With Halfrauds, I've used it on-line, but shown my card and monthly code when I collect.

Top Bottom