International Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lyn1

Über Member
lol :smile:

With nights that go below 0, I expect the track will be getting tougher throughout the week, when people train/ride on it while it is thawing.
And I know that on Saturday they predict quite some rain here (which isn't that far away), so indeed the track should be getting more tricky/heavy.

The schute could be tricky if it rains heavily. Both my lads rode World Cups there several years back. One went early and it was dry, the other got caught in this thunderstorm when sections were virtually unrideable. Good place to watch if its throwing it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqzgbJS8Fs4

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
I have seen that vid before. Knowing the skill of these guys makes the terrain tough indeed!

The Couch

Über Member
I don't have a good grasp of numbers, but this sounds pretty impressive:
For the experts, blocks workout today. Of which the last block over 5' indicated 467 Watt. Total training-time 3h30 - 113km

Nys is using full-out "De Clercq - tactics" on his opponents. He was "schooled" back in the earlier days of his career (and wasn't very good at defending himself against it) and now at the end of his career he starting to use some of it :smile:

The Couch

Über Member
Nys continuing his dominance... winning on Wednesday (quite easy), Saturday (perhaps with a bit of luck) and Sunday (very easy)

Albert showing some signs that he's getting better (although the full hour is still a bit long :smile:), so he might hang on to the Superprestige lead.
And hey.... we even had Van Tornout ending in 2nd place on Sunday

In those Sunday circumstances (muddy as hell, a difficult sand-piece, every one else pretty much dog-tired since it's the end of the season) nobody could touch Nys
He made the comment after the World's that he doesn't expect him to loose many races anymore this season... well, he's 3 for 3

The Couch

Über Member
I see that on 29th Nov Milton Keynes is hosting a round of the World Cup. Obviously out of my travel range but to anyone more local I'd definitely encourage you to go take a look. I've not seen a World Cup but I was there at the last two World Champs held in the UK, Birmingham and Leeds, and they were fantastic to watch.
http://www.miltonkeynesworldcupx.com/site/
Yep, MK is hosting a World Cup. I saw some footage of the British cyclocross event of last year... seems like a pretty nice track.
Hopefully it is a succes and a first stepping stone to motivate British riders to focus/stay in the field.

This weekend is the first World Cup race, I am wondering if Ian Field has managed to claw a bit closer to the Belgian and Dutch riders
There was already a Superprestige and BPost race, but he didn't participate in those, choosing to focus on (easily) winning the first round of the British National trophy series.

This weekend there is good weather predicted, so I assuming the track won't be very hard/technical, so probably something for the faster guys Pauwels, Van der Haar or Walsleben (if he can find his good legs back)

U

User169

This weekend there is good weather predicted, so I assuming the track won't be very hard/technical, so probably something for the faster guys Pauwels, Van der Haar or Walsleben (if he can find his good legs back)

Good call with Van der Haar there!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@Delftse Post and @The Couch
Any insider info on the Kokjside cyclo-cross event this year. Someone told me that it might fit in with my trip to the Gent 6 day event but I'm struggling to find out much about it.

Yep, MK is hosting a World Cup. I saw some footage of the British cyclocross event of last year... seems like a pretty nice track.
Hopefully it is a succes and a first stepping stone to motivate British riders to focus/stay in the field.

This weekend is the first World Cup race, I am wondering if Ian Field has managed to claw a bit closer to the Belgian and Dutch riders
There was already a Superprestige and BPost race, but he didn't participate in those, choosing to focus on (easily) winning the first round of the British National trophy series.

A creditable 21st spot for Field. 4' back of the leaders.

The Couch

Über Member
@Delftse Post and @The Couch
Any insider info on the Kokjside cyclo-cross event this year. Someone told me that it might fit in with my trip to the Gent 6 day event but I'm struggling to find out much about it.
affiche2014.png

In short.. under "uurrooster" you can see the start times... i.e. U23 at 11.10 am, ladies at 1.30 pm, pro's at 3 pm.
(FYI U23 should be a great race as well with many great young riders there)

There is a very long sand section (after the bike-post) which is a very nice place to stand, since often this is where breaks happen
Another good spot I believe is the "Niels Albert-sand dune" (especially if you can place yourself that you see part of the uphill section as well as the short steep downhill)

But you can look for the interesting spots in this video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HmTV_1C9dE

This is how to get there:
http://www.veloclubkoksijde.be/worldcup/en/praktisch/bereikbaarheid/
(Prices are apparently 15 euro/person (or 13 pre-sale)

The Couch

Über Member
A creditable 21st spot for Field. 4' back of the leaders.
Actually it was 30th spot and he was behind many names that he shouldn't be.

...but apparently he was ill the night before the race, so he should show better when healthy in other races
(the Koppenbergcross is up next which was one of his focus-points of the season after the good ride he had there last season)

Impressive effort of Michael Vanthourenhout beating Van Aert and M. Van Der Poel in the U23.
Probably Van Aert isn't at best form yet (with his recent broken collarbone) and Van Der Poel might be starting to feel the long season (or might even be have the Superprestige in the back of his head), but still... with the current form Vanthourenhout is displaying he would have probably been in the group fighting for 2nd position with the pro's!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Top Bottom