INTERNET EXPLORER SECURITY ALERT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use Firefox at home but at work its IE. I've come across a fair amount of people that can't understand that other packages can be used to browse the net and/ or are skeptical.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ComedyPilot said:
Now Firefox, was IE about 10 mins ago

Interestingly changed daughters Vista-based machine to Firefox from IE whatever and it's solved a major speed issue with with internet usage speed with IE. We have tried on and off to understand why her computer was sooo slow on the Internet, after all it was the newest and most powerful in the house. Now Firefox is running instead it's soooo chuffing fast in comparison. Fantastic. She's dead happy. I still can't understand why IE was so pedestrian.
Workwise we've been prevented from using Firefox, we were all avid users, but now it's completely verboten. :biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Fab Foodie said:
Interestingly changed daughters Vista-based machine to Firefox from IE whatever and it's solved a major speed issue with with internet usage speed with IE. We have tried on and off to understand why her computer was sooo slow on the Internet, after all it was the newest and most powerful in the house. Now Firefox is running instead it's soooo chuffing fast in comparison. Fantastic. She's dead happy. I still can't understand why IE was so pedestrian.
Workwise we've been prevented from using Firefox, we were all avid users, but now it's completely verboten. :biggrin:

IE was so slow with F*cebook, now it's almost instant

Maz

Guru
My mate needs "Powerpoint" on his PC, so he can do some presentations, but he doesn't have it on his PC and is loathe to fork out for it.
Can anyone recommend a freeware version that runs on Windows?

mr Mag00

rising member
most Ms software seems to be bloatware by comparison to open source

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
HLaB said:
Firefox is frowned upon at our work too, why?

because the IT monkeys might have to earn their corn and make things compatible with FF and IE MS is compatible with loads and easier for IT monkeys to work.
Even though FF is a much better system :tongue:

Carwash

Señor Member
Steve Austin said:
because the IT monkeys might have to earn their corn and make things compatible with FF and IE MS is compatible with loads and easier for IT monkeys to work.
Even though FF is a much better system :tongue:

As an 'IT monkey' who encourages the use of non-IE browsers at work, I'd just like to say that it is much easier to code standards-compliant stuff than it is to write for IE. The web would be a happier place for all who make and use websites if IE suddenly ceased to exist.

Top Bottom