Invisible me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Recently scientists have been working on making invisibility cloaks. I think they have been testing them out on unsuspecting cyclists. I think I had one on this morning.....or this lady just didn't look in her mirror....hmmmm.

One of my colleagues (who works in a different part of the hospital) sent me an e-mail to say she wittnessed this incident. This is what she wrote:

HeHe - I was thinking she's so gonna be on youtube Complete nutter! How could she have not seen you unless she just totally didn't look out her rear mirror?!! And she only realised when you started banging the car! Nuts...
I was crossing the road at the wee island you were turning at, was gonna shout over but you scooted off too quickly.
Least no harm came to you.

Says it all really!

What happened to the 'O' in manoeuvre? Honestly Maggers you do make a fuss.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Slow speed - at least you didn't get run over at 30 mph..... unlike me..........think someone has recently been putting these cloaks on cyclists whilst they were asleep, or invented some form of invisible yarn for cycling kit......

TBH, she shouldn't have reversed !

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
What happened to the 'O' in manoeuvre? Honestly Maggers you do make a fuss.

Is manoeuvre/maneuver not one of these words that can be spelled either way? Anyway my spelling has always been very poor.

Umm, the car reversed into me and I had to bang the window to get her to stop. After she apologised I waved her on. I don't think I made a big fuss, do you?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Eat MY Dust said:
I'm slightly confused to what the 2 cars were actually trying to do. BTW a driver not using their mirrors, there's a new one!

There was the silver car reverse parking (it had enough space). The VW car was creeping forward I think. I think the parking driver, thought she was getting to close, so hit the horn. Then the other driver decided to reverse into me. I think the VW driver was in a bit of a dream world!

magnatom said:
Is manoeuvre/maneuver not one of these words that can be spelled either way? Anyway my spelling has always been very poor.

Umm, the car reversed into me and I had to bang the window to get her to stop. After she apologised I waved her on. I don't think I made a big fuss, do you?

Well yes and I'm not meaning this in a picky or critical way but she made a mistake and acknowledged it, yes it was an incident but not a personal attack, I mean stuff happens does it not.

Like you I'd have shouted and banged the window but then as I looked in I would have smiled and waved, in a kind of acknowledgment that I'm part of the human race too and I also make mistakes. You always seem to take it so very personally and seriously, it can't be good for your blood pressure Maggers. I just think you need to relax a bit more, still I doubt you'll take any notice of me, we are what we are: Chill Maggers :whistle:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
Well yes and I'm not meaning this in a picky or critical way but she made a mistake and acknowledged it, yes it was an incident but not a personal attack, I mean stuff happens does it not.

Like you I'd have shouted and banged the window but then as I looked in I would have smiled and waved, in a kind of acknowledgment that I'm part of the human race too and I also make mistakes. You always seem to take it so very personally and seriously, it can't be good for your blood pressure Maggers. I just think you need to relax a bit more, still I doubt you'll take any notice of me, we are what we are: Chill Maggers :whistle:

Crackle, I thought you got me. I go around to the side of the car and ask her (in a annoyed fashion I'll agree) what was she reversing for. I see she apologises and I wave her, on. What did you want me to do, ask her out for a coffee?! My annoyance at the situation lasted all of about 10 seconds after the incident. After that I thought it was mildly amusing. I posted it along with my amusing reply from my colleague, as I thought it would be interesting/amusing etc. Also producing these videos is 'what I do'!

No idea why you think I am wound up by this!:biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Eat MY Dust said:
lol, shows how observant I am. I though that was a line of traffic. Maybe I'm just used to cycling around NW London!
Me too! What was she trying to do though? I thought she was turning by the way she started to move to the right, but then when she reversed!!! Bizarre.

Slightly OT... but what was the car on the RH side of the road you were riding up initially actually doing??? If it was parked then the driver needs to retake their test!! :whistle:

I actually thought she'd hit your bike too from the sound of it.

Glad no damage done, Mags.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Like you sharky, I thought the car was turning and hadn't initially realised that she was pulling some daft manoeuver (for crackle :whistle:) around the car that was parking. That's why I ended up behind her. She was still moving until I appeared behind her.

Maybe my spidey sense should have kicked in again, but I think she was pretty hard to predict!

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Crackle said:

What a strange post - I would not have smiled and waved if somebody had come close to hurting me! :ohmy:

I would have banged the car and then I would have done exactly what Mags did and shouted through the window - I think with me there may have been a couple of f words though. Like Mags once a wave of apology is given I would have backed down instantly.

I know in this instance nobody was hurt etc but what if Mags had been checking over his shoulder to see if it was okay to overtake or taken his eyes off the road for a second - she would have knocked him off and then kept on reversing over him while he had no way of letting her know he was there.

What if there had been a car behind her? She would have driven into the back of them.

What if it had been a pedestrian crossing behind her?

Lots of what ifs I know but all of those what ifs can be avoided if she just does what she was taught in her bloody driving test and checks behind her whilst reversing!

Love your vids by the way Mags - I still keep laughing about the one where you tell the guy that pavements are for 5 year olds and he turns around and calls you allsorts - it really really cracks me up! Sorry if he insulted you!:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

the reluctant cyclist said:
Love your vids by the way Mags - I still keep laughing about the one where you tell the guy that pavements are for 5 year olds and he turns around and calls you allsorts - it really really cracks me up! Sorry if he insulted you!:whistle:

Just look at some of the comments I receive on my youtube videos. It takes an awful lot of abuse to wind me up! :biggrin:

Top Bottom