IoW - turbo boys ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
IN
looking forward to the flat sections
Hmmm, about those flat sections...

_20170602_212648.JPG

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hmmm, about those flat sections...

View attachment 355138
:laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Bumping the thread to see what the latest is

Anyone thought about what they're doing with regards travel, staying over(?) etc.

@kipster do you have an idea where we could set off from?

Breedon

Legendary Member
Probably a hotel as it's a 4 hour ish drive there.

<Tommy>

If the plan is to travel down on the day, it's better for the London contingent and others coming on train for the ride to be on the Saturday as the trains run a fair bit earlier (Arriving at 8 on Saturday rather than 9:45am on Sunday [london Waterloo - southampton]). If the plan is to stay down the night before I don't suppose it really matters which day we choose.

Do the guys traveling from other parts of the world have a preference or thoughts on staying over etc?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
what day is the ride ? was thinking getting down near iow ferry somewhere night before then ride to ferry in morning - have i got the right idea or is there a plan

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
The plan (for those driving) was to park up at Gang Warily playing fields, lots of free parking. It's then a 10 mile ride to Lymington were we would get the Frerry over to the Island (we need to pre book tickets). But if people travelling by train there is a train station then it would make sense to all meet up in Brokenhurst and ride down from there. On the Saturday there is a direct train from Waterloo @ 7:35 getting in at 9:16 or a 8:05 getting in at 9:37. If the Sunday then its a 7:54 train from Waterloo getting in at 9:56. There looks to be plenty of parking at the station.

There are hotels, campsites and b&b's in and around Brockenhurst for any staying over. I can put one person up in Basingstoke.

The Saturday is IoW day, and there are only planned road closures in one town in the afternoon for max 1 hour so that wont affect us at all.

I'm easy for either day. The plan will be to ride clockwise starting in Yarmouth.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Saturday's good for me. I'd probably travel down on the day. But I could be tempted to stay over until Sunday if the word 'pub' is mentioned enough times in this thread. (1 more time would probably suffice :thumbsup:).

Top Bottom