IoW - turbo boys ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
So has the weekend date been set? Saturday would work,travel Friday, stay over, meal, pub---ride Saturday----stay over meal, pub :hungry::cheers: Priorities :biggrin:
The 23/24 sept was the weekend, which day is now up for debate.

It is still planned to be a social ride with a few stops to take in the views and eat food. There are a few hills on the Island that TT and Bobinski can battle it out on, there seems to be some unfinished business from the L2B ride ;)

CXRAndy

Guru
I should be back and hope in one piece from Ventoux the week before, so it would fall nicely. Still in negotiations with Mrs :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The plan (for those driving) was to park up at Gang Warily playing fields, lots of free parking. It's then a 10 mile ride to Lymington were we would get the Frerry over to the Island (we need to pre book tickets). But if people travelling by train there is a train station then it would make sense to all meet up in Brokenhurst and ride down from there. On the Saturday there is a direct train from Waterloo @ 7:35 getting in at 9:16 or a 8:05 getting in at 9:37. If the Sunday then its a 7:54 train from Waterloo getting in at 9:56. There looks to be plenty of parking at the station.

There are hotels, campsites and b&b's in and around Brockenhurst for any staying over. I can put one person up in Basingstoke.

The Saturday is IoW day, and there are only planned road closures in one town in the afternoon for max 1 hour so that wont affect us at all.

I'm easy for either day. The plan will be to ride clockwise starting in Yarmouth.
Don't tell Tommy it's Yarmouth, he'll be heading to Norfolk and starting from great Yarmouth :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Don't mention the elbow

I did, but I think I got away with it ^_^

No fair Andy- I was holding that in reserve. Now that it is out...

Elbow is fine if bruised and sore. It's the wrist GP concerned about but we will wait 24 hrs before deciding if swelling and pain( pain? Me?!?) suggest possible fracture. GP said swelling will likely mask a fracture and so hospital might put a brace/cast on only to remove after a week or so once certain no fracture. I cannot have that getting in the way of Ventoux next weekend.

CXRAndy

Guru
No fair Andy- I was holding that in reserve. Now that it is out...

Elbow is fine if bruised and sore. It's the wrist GP concerned about but we will wait 24 hrs before deciding if swelling and pain( pain? Me?!?) suggest possible fracture. GP said swelling will likely mask a fracture and so hospital might put a brace/cast on only to remove after a week or so once certain no fracture. I cannot have that getting in the way of Ventoux next weekend.

At the moment Bob your luck is in short supply. Could the fracture clinic form the cast in the shape of holding the handlebar whilst on the hoods??

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
At the moment Bob your luck is in short supply. Could the fracture clinic form the cast in the shape of holding the handlebar whilst on the hoods??
No, no, no, no, no. I got stuck like that when I broke my thumb skiing in St Marys Cray. The strange pains I was getting from being held in that position by the cast can't be described. :sad: :headshake:

On the upside I did learn to write left handed for a short while :laugh:

CXRAndy

Guru
No, no, no, no, no. I got stuck like that when I broke my thumb skiing in St Marys Cray. The strange pains I was getting from being held in that position by the cast can't be described. :sad: :headshake:

On the upside I did learn to write left handed for a short while :laugh:

It's only for a week, he could then have cast removed and if necessary break any bones again to set in normal position:ohmy::laugh:

Bob it's a joke, only making you smile hopefully:okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Too quick! I have to get up the fecker first. 2 hours going up puts a strain on my/anyone's lower back and have to find a way to deal with that. Lots of stretching etc before ride. God, I wish I was younger:angry:

I'd be tempted to take a couple of ibuprofen pre ride. Sometimes if I put myself in a place where I know something's going to be incredibly testing it makes me more single minded and accepting. I can't imagine how good it's going to feel when you hit the top of that 'hill' mate. I can only imagine it's going to be euphoric!

Top Bottom