IoW - turbo boys ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Berty and Kipster one can only have sooo much bad luck. Strangely it all happened after I met TT...;)
The Oirush in me will always say The glass is half full. Unfortunately the Polak in me will say that's just bollux!

I prefer the saying, 'you make your own luck' :smile:. Time to buy yourself some tools buddy :okay:.

@kipster couldn't agree more regarding the c60's. I'd love to have a test on one but it could end up being a very costly bike ride!

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
I prefer the saying, 'you make your own luck' :smile:. Time to buy yourself some tools buddy :okay:.

@kipster couldn't agree more regarding the c60's. I'd love to have a test on one but it could end up being a very costly bike ride!

I'd have to have Super Record EPS on it, plus decent wheels. No way the wife would let me spend around £8k+ on a bike, even if it looked pretty.

bobinski

Legendary Member

TT, my dad would say bollux to that too^_^

I would have to buy new eyes and hands too:laugh:

You and Kipster are very bad boys- just been looking at some C60's :ohmy:

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
TT, my dad would say bollux to that too^_^

I would have to buy new eyes and hands too:laugh:

You and Kipster are very bad boys- just been looking at some C60's :ohmy:
I like the gold and black one,, saw one in the flesh in Majorca earlier in the year, very very nice. The new Concept looks good as well.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I like the gold and black one,, saw one in the flesh in Majorca earlier in the year, very very nice. The new Concept looks good as well.

Nice

I like the blue and black one best I think, although they're all lovely. Traditional top tube, set of bora ultras would do nicely although I'd suffer a set of lightweight meilensteins I suppose! It would be a wrench to say goodbye to the etap in favour of campag but I know what you're saying... I saw a guy the other day on a dogma F8 with shimano 105 and it didn't look right.

I have too much time on my hands...

Last edited:
IMG_3687.PNG
Maybe buy two at this price.

OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
The route will be based these that I have borrowed from club mates.

https://www.strava.com/routes/8432283 This was the middle group ride, and includes a ferry trip from Cowes to East Cowes. This ferry has been problematic of late, but the issues should be resolved by the time were over there.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/7839812 This is the advanced route ride and does more time away from the coast.

I think the final route will be a combination of both, but mostly the Strava route. I plan to ride it on the 11th July, so will report thoughts after that.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
the garmin one looks more like ride through IOW not round it !
i went round it a few years ago apart from taking the ferry across the river where i went inland abit - that was the only bit i didnt enjoy as it was a bit busy but my fault
the rest of the route wasnt bad at all - 2 hills stood out at about 5and 6 0clock but couldnt remember many more - i am surprised it says 5500 ft

Top Bottom