iPad problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Team,

I need help from the wise computing minds of CycleChat.

Mini D's ipad has a problem. Its kind of locked into this screen...

I've Googled it, and the interweb suggests plugging it into a pooter so it can update. Mrs D has an Apple laptop and she plugged it in there, but no joy. Ive tired various combinations of button presses to reset it - while this works with android, nada on this.

I'm stumped. There's a very upset 9 year old lass who would appreciate any ideas or tips to resolve this.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Take it you've tried the usual reset of holding the power button and home button down at the same time for several seconds until the screen goes black and the restarts?

figbat

Slippery scientist
It needs to restore rather than update. It needs to be plugged into a device running iTunes, which should detect that there is an iPad in distress and offer options for restoration.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Team,

I need help from the wise computing minds of CycleChat.

Mini D's ipad has a problem. Its kind of locked into this screen...

View attachment 584677

I've Googled it, and the interweb suggests plugging it into a pooter so it can update. Mrs D has an Apple laptop and she plugged it in there, but no joy. Ive tired various combinations of button presses to reset it - while this works with android, nada on this.

I'm stumped. There's a very upset 9 year old lass who would appreciate any ideas or tips to resolve this.

Looks like you need a new bike...

(Sorry, someone was bound to say it, thought I'd be the first)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it’s not getting recognised then it could be a hardware problem. Maybe drop it into one of the Apple shops for their tech people to advise.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That's not easy. Apple stores are by appointment only at the moment,.and getting one is tricky.

Had similar issue with my iPhone 5 which is my backup phone when I travel. Battery ran out and no residual charge to keep things going. Left it dead for too long. Followed all the advice from factory reset, itunes etc. It showed life, starting downloading but cannot run the download and error message springs up citing a code. Tried multiple times over a week. Brough it to a guy who does Apple repair, he too could not do anything. As it was old, I was not prepared to send it to Apple. Bought a replacement.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve had exactly that on Gunk Juniors iPhone 5s and basically it’s fooked, I plugged in to an IMac running iTunes and absolutely no joy whatsoever. Basically it’s crashed and they’re very difficult to bring back to life. Sold ours for spares on the bay of dreams and bought another.

coldash

Veteran
Saw a similar post on another forum and the restore failed because there was antivirus software running on the Apple Mac. Disabling the av seems to solve the problem in that case

Top Bottom