iPad problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a thought. Is there any fluff in the lightning socket? This might be impeding contact and preventing proper communication with the Mac

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
We have 2 cables, both Crapple, neither seem to do the trick.

Mrs D is going to have another go with her Macbook in a desperste attempt to stop me reaching for Mjolnir, othewise ill have to give shekels to a shop to fix it.

Its under 2 years old, but I can't find a receipt, and Crapple want £289 to fix it...which is about what I paid to buy it new.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The great thing about Apple is that should you decide to buy a new one all your apps, pics, files etc will appear just by signing into your Apple account.

irw

Quadricyclist
Android will do that too.

Speaking from experience there? I thought you didn't have a tv computer smartphone?! 🕵️‍♂️

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have an Adenoid tablet. One of the waterproof, shockproof jobs, as befits amruffty tuffty sort like me. Its 4G, so in lieu of a smartphone I chuck it in my grab bag (Swat 5:11 Tactical grab bag, natch ;) ) so I can still annoymyouse lot while I'm away.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
iTunes restore doesn't work with some older macs, iPads and iPhones anymore, my phone doesn't back up on my mac but does to iCloud., so now I have to pay a monthly fee [£0.79p!] ... had a similar issue with upgrading to the later iOS and I'm not upgrading to BigSur yet either as my plotter and copier won't be supported anymore.... ring an Apple Shop D and book in call back, they may be able to talk you through a fix over the phone.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
iTunes restore doesn't work with some older macs, iPads and iPhones anymore, my phone doesn't back up on my mac but does to iCloud., so now I have to pay a monthly fee [£0.79p!] ... had a similar issue with upgrading to the later iOS and I'm not upgrading to BigSur yet either as my plotter and copier won't be supported anymore.... ring an Apple Shop D and book in call back, they may be able to talk you through a fix over the phone.

It does on Windows. Itunes still working with iOS 9 on iPad 3 and with iPod classic

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It does on Windows. Itunes still working with iOS 9 on iPad 3 and with iPod classic
That's great if you have a suitable PC, sadly I don't- sounds like Drago doesn't either- that's the one flaw with Apple- they don't maintain accessibility- I've got files I can't open which were written using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008... it's ridiculous.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Argos, roughly 18 months ago (definietely well under 2 years), but I don't have the receipt and can't be arrissed to waste time on a fruitless argument.

Top Bottom