Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Got a bit of the lurgy so not been on the bike for a while now and it's starting to annoy me. Newly winterised steed with 2 new Durano + tyres and new set of mudguards all lubed up and ready to go but just can't summon the strength.

Glasgow shuts on Sunday
so I may take Mrs Slick in if I can convince her to cycle in and not take the train. Always good to get the freedom of the city with like minded individuals.
For good???

Slick

Guru
For good???
Nah, just a few hours. I just go because there will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth from the drivers that usually run round these streets with their eyes closed.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Jeez, a thread full of tumbleweed..
Question, best posted here..

Scottish Coast to Coast...
is there such a thing?
I've done the poor mans version, Bowling to Carron Sea Lock, a few times but are there any other versions?
I did think Oban to Broughty Ferry...
Fort Bill to Inverness..
something along the border with darn sarf..

Any thoughts?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Aye; have ye no' got a map? :laugh:

My Scottish C2C as referred to by @Pat "5mph" was from Largs to Berwick upon Tweed. I will try to find the post I did at the time, after I've had my dinner. Overnight stops were Lanark and Melrose, I remember that much....
I've got Memory Map...:okay:(it's well used)

I guess it could be the southern version, I can vaguely remember you doing that..
Oban to Broughty Ferry could be a choice as I can get free digs en-route.

I'd have thought somehow, somewhere with the amount of routes popping up there would be one somewhere but obviously not..

slow scot

Veteran
I think the longest mainland traverse is Ardnamurchan to Girdleness lighthouse in Aberdeen. It was quite a popular ride some years ago.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The Taynuilt road is not great, no.
How about a north-south traverse? John O'Groats to the Mull of Galloway or vice-versa. I'm sure someone on here was recently talking about doing that.
Would that not be Mr Rain himself?

If I was 20 years younger maybe...
I've been up and down that road many a time on a motorbike, lovely run.
The road doesn't bother me but there isn't any other options to avoid A roads and head almost straight across country, it'll give me something to look at.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
It certainly was. Starting on Saturday morning! Link.
All the very best:okay:

The route I knocked up
SC2C 1.jpg

SC2C 2.jpg

After KIllin or Lochearnhead, using country roads then from Perth using NCN ???over Kinoull Hill then down and through Carse of Gowrie then NCN through Dundee to Broughty Castle...

Top Bottom