Ironman in 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
Great effort pal, congratulations!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Been following you today whilst playing with the kids, watching the tour and generally not doing a huge amount. Kudos to you for spending the whole time working your butt off. Glad to see you completed.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Thanks guys, wow that was an experience. Too many things to say, but you lot would appreciate the street where TDF style you're cycling through a screaming crowd inches away. :smile:

Blew my mind (and my legs).

I was always fearing the run, and Id like to say I fell apart half way through but the truth is that I got off the bike and there was nothing to give... I wasn't alone though :smile:

Great atmosphere, the people of Bolton and surrounds were amazing.

LocalLad

Congratulations! Your run time tells me you did better than you're suggesting!

jay clock

Massive member
I have done three of these buggers and any race you finish inside the cut off is a result. Serious respect. 14:30 is a very creditable result

SIgned up for Weymouth half in Sept, Mallorca Half in May and Austria IM (2nd time) in July.Had better lose some weight!

fimm

Veteran
Thanks guys, wow that was an experience. Too many things to say, but you lot would appreciate the street where TDF style you're cycling through a screaming crowd inches away. :smile:

Blew my mind (and my legs)..
This.
This is what I remember most from my Ironman - I had not expected it at all. And you have your name on your race number, so people shout your name!
I was always fearing the run, and Id like to say I fell apart half way through but the truth is that I got off the bike and there was nothing to give... I wasn't alone though :smile:
Seen your run time. Ouch. Well done for grinding that out and finishing :notworthy:

jay clock

Massive member
it is a walk not a run isn't it? my three races have been between 5;21 and 5:45!

Last edited:
U

User33236

Well done!

Mrs SG completed her first IRONMAN yesterday. A problem with her cycle shoes meant her feet were already painfull and bistered prior to the run, which became more of a (painful) walk as a result.

She's signing up for next year to try and better her time :wacko:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
it is a walk not a run isn't it? my three races have been between 5;21 and 5:45!
And @fimm

I'm not a great runner but with a half Mara time of 2:04, and half iron run of 2:14(?) I was thinking call it 2:20, double it, 4:40 and add a bit...5hrs.

So I dismount in front of dozens of people and my knees nearly gave way but found them to get into T2. Coming out you go straight into a hill, so walking already, then as it flattened out I started getting spotty vision so time to back off already. Eventually got around the first loop of 9 or 10 miles...There were hundreds of people walking past me, behind me, ahead of me - it was quite funny really.

If you're thinking of doing it, think long and hard. And if you decide to commit to it, make sure that recovery, nutrition and training are the most important things in you life. It's worth it.

Top Bottom