Is 169 miles in one day realistic!?

Can it be done by first time rids riders!?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Don't start adding the 2 hours into the base figure, otherwise you'll have to add them again. T=T+2
Look I did LEL within time so go away!!! I've escaped the Arallsopp quotient! :hello:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Why would you ask a question like this as your first post on CC knowing that there are bound to be a number of replies and then disappear?
I hope nothing serious has happened to them, but if not then damned rude

I can understand, tbh. Its easy enough to ask a question near anonymously, get spooked, then bury it away and never look again. Much easier than saying "Damn. I'm not up to it" or "Shoot. That sounds like a bigger commitment than I can give". People do all kinds of things. You can only offer advice freely, I guess. Even if the initial investment fell flat, I'd be suprised if the OP was the only one to get something out of this thread. :smile:

I can understand, tbh. Its easy enough to ask a question near anonymously, get spooked, then bury it away and never look again. Much easier than saying "Damn. I'm not up to it" or "Shoot. That sounds like a bigger commitment than I can give". People do all kinds of things. You can only offer advice freely, I guess. Even if the initial investment fell flat, I'd be suprised if the OP was the only one to get something out of this thread. :smile:
You are a much nicer person than me.

Linford

The OP comes across as some sort of an escapade planned during a nights drinking one weekend

marcusjb

1690 miles? In a day?

Not possible for a beginner, no.

Or even the most hardcore expert.

24hr TT record set by Andy Wilkinson is 541 miles. I am sure there are track records and bent records that exceed that distance as well, but 1690 miles would take a few days longer.

OP seems to have got bogged down in the numbers - you can't work out riding long distances by a series of numbers. Rough numbers help, but not detailed timetables.

I'll still stand by my assertions that riding 169 miles in a day at a moderate pace, really isn't beyond the reach of anyone who's prepared to put the effort in and do some decent training over winter. It's really not impossible.

Doing that distance in 13.5 hours is a little more challenging, but just takes a bit more application. Even pretty average cyclists like myself can ride that distance in that time.

Impressive. :thumbsup:
Cheers colly, some of the guys are talking about doing a ride24 which seems to be riding from one destination to another within 24hours. Oh and it's 300miles!!! :eek:

Now i am pretty sure that would hurt like hell. I mean i really enjoyed riding the 160+ miles but i had no desire to ride another 140 miles in the dark! Plus my rear end may never recover from such an experience.

Peer pressure is a bitch.

Cheers colly, some of the guys are talking about doing a ride24 which seems to be riding from one destination to another within 24hours. Oh and it's 300miles!!! :eek:

Now i am pretty sure that would hurt like hell. I mean i really enjoyed riding the 160+ miles but i had no desire to ride another 140 miles in the dark! Plus my rear end may never recover from such an experience.

Peer pressure is a bitch.
Nice one Pedro, but after all what is 140km between friends;)

Top Bottom