Is anyone else not following the TdF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
I feel even more alone now

(supposing I've interpreted a double negative correctly)

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I am not the tiniest bit interested in cycle sport. A perversion of what to me is good about cycling, to be outdoors enjoying fresh air, scenery; instead it is head down, bum up, pedal as fast as you can, get there as quick as you can, "I'm having more fun, the figures say so". Still each to his own, as long as they are not harming anyone else. Just do not get me started on lycra.xx(

OP
OP
robjh

robjh

Legendary Member
I am not the tiniest bit interested in cycle sport. A perversion of what to me is good about cycling, to be outdoors enjoying fresh air, scenery; instead it is head down, bum up, pedal as fast as you can, get there as quick as you can, "I'm having more fun, the figures say so". Still each to his own, as long as they are not harming anyone else. Just do not get me started on lycra.xx(
Personally a lot of the time I enjoy the 'head down, bum up. pedal fast' stuff and wear as much lycra as most, but unless I know the person I couldn't give a monkey's about who got there first.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Between Eurosport and ITV4 it seems to be on round the clock, so as I'm currently awake for about 22hrs a day, yes I'm watching it. Loads of it. Sometimes the same highlights show 2 or 3 times. In fact I don't know what the hell I'm going to do next week.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I do a lot of sport.

...but don't follow any of it.

Oddly, because I don't and therefore cant talk about it, I am considered to be "not very sporty".
yet the chap in the office that can recall the second to last deciding save in the 1817 world cup....but is 25 stone and wont even walks to the shops...is very Sporty.

Go figure

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I watch it but mainly the mountain stages and the last half hour or so of the final stage. You have to admire their get back in the saddle and turn out the following day if cut and bruised approach. Imagine some footballers playing a match day after day and carrying an injury as well!

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Is it on? Oh well... I guess I'm not following it either.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
No BUT i would certainly never hold it against you.

I always take these 3 weeks off work to be able to watch it.However i do get watching the sport isn't for everyone and i can assure you i don't assume you would watch it just because you are a cyclist.

Road racing men in lycra are not the only type of cyclists out there, look at us lot :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since the compulsory helmet law came in about 12 years ago, and with most riders wearing shades now, i find it hard to make out who's who compared to when you could see their heads and eyes. For example the other year i didn't know what Alberto Contador looked like till they interviewed him once after a stage win.

Heifer73

No. TDF got me in to cycling. I have taken a week off work this year to watch it. Previously have taken two weeks off. For three weeks in July the tour takes over everything, I become a cycling bore.

Top Bottom