Is anyone else not following the TdF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Love it. But then I love most sports when it's the real top level, super-competitive. It's the uncertainty; you never know what is going to happen next. Most of the time the answer is "not much".....but just sometimes it's compelling, jaw dropping edge of your seat stuff. Those occasional moments are what keep drawing me back

Here's the thing, the older I get, the more I enjoy watching sport with a bit of competition in it (I'm still not hooked by golf/snooker/darts) and navel gazing a bit I think it's because of the unpredictability of it. I've got a bit jaded with TV fiction because there are formulas there and it's generally a bit easy to guess what is coming up when where as there is no artificial pacing to the 'drama' of sport, although I do get tetchy when the commentators try and make drama when it obviously isn't there (mainly motorbike racing).

stephec

Legendary Member
That's exactly Miss Goodbody's take on it too.
That's what she might say, but she's just being polite. :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nothing better than curling up the sofa and watching the colour of the whole spectacle.The mountain stages are just awesome.

I have long watched it for the scenery and the drama of it all.

To all the people who say

'Why would I want to watch something I can do myself?'

Really? Yeah, that is why your door is getting battered down by the teams wanting to use your (clearly, outstanding) abilities as God's gift to cycling then is it??

No?? Hmmm, funny that......

Now curling i can't get the idea of sliding a lid down a shiny floor, polishing it with a broom.

Err, it is ICE and it is a 40lb lump of granite. It is one of these things where there is a lot more to it than first meets the eye.

If you are gonna make an unwarranted attack on it, at least get your facts right!! :whistle:

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I find it the perfect backdrop for my afternoon snooze on the sofa. .
The best "sport" to watch for a snooze is cricket, even a sleeping pill can't compete with it.

potsy

Rambler
I find it the perfect backdrop for my afternoon snooze on the sofa. It's been on everyday in our household. I've even recorded one stage so I can continue playing it when it's all over on Sunday.
I find the golf much more suitable background for afternoon snoozing, listening to Peter Aliss waffle on always puts me to sleep, it's how I imagine you to sound :tongue:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, have you watched them going down a mountain at 60mph? I cringe every time they come to a tight bend. I know I couldn't do it. That is pure skill that only few of us possess.

Top Bottom