Is black cycling gear dangerous?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
This isn't so mad a comment.I work late in the evening and the lights in our town are switched off in certain locations to make up for Tory Cuts!!!
Once or twice black clad cyclists with no lights appear from nowhere and although I haven't yet had to take evasive action as a car driver I have worried about their safety especially those with no helmets!!!
Are black-clad cyclists more likely to fall off and hit their heads then?

[QUOTE 4823824, member: 259"]I fell over in Chelmsford wearing black, but I'd had 8 pints of Bishop's Nipple. I don't know if I was wearing a helmet, but it bloody thumped the morning after.[/QUOTE]

There are "beer jackets".... the ones that allow young men and women to walk around with unsuitable clothing in cold weather and insulate them form the cold

In the.same way there might be a "beer helmet" that protects you whilst when drunk

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Theres a guy cycles around where I live in camouflage gear which seems a little bit silly as that really is designed to blend in with a rural environment .

Here in the town he would be safer from snipers wearing plain black.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
There are "beer jackets".... the ones that allow young men and women to walk around with unsuitable clothing in cold weather and insulate them form the cold

In the.same way there might be a "beer helmet" that protects you whilst when drunk

I know that beer goggles can get you into all sorts of troubles.

Theres a guy cycles around where I live in camouflage gear which seems a little bit silly as that really is designed to blend in with a rural environment .

Try riding in somewhere like Gosport.... Used to have one of the highest cycling rates outside Cambridge and a large number in camouflage..... yet the accident rate did not reflect that

its-always-sad-when-you-see-someone-eating-alone-camouflage.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member

Urban camouflage 1 or 2?

Top Bottom