Is buying from Halford's a good idea?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadow master

I not a cycle snob...but I just couldn't spend money on a carrera,Apollo,voodoo,etc....as I tend to look at the whole picture when buying products,and any savings made by buying unbranded goods,is soon lost in the resale value,when goods have no credabilty.......another example is the Skoda/vw comparison.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Two of my local LBS had square taper Shimano BB for over 20 quid, Halfords £10 for the same item! I look through Halfords stuff just like I look through LBS stuff.
It's worth a tenner not to ride into the car infested retail park and fight with halfords misinstalled cycle park IMO :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with skoda, my VRS is a far better car than my previous Golf GTI (and Mini Cooper s works, and slk, and focus st)

But then it's not a cheap entry level car, unlike the Halfords in house 'brands'. Wouldn't buy a boardman either but that's down to the styling rather than the componentry and build

shadow master

Nothing wrong with skoda, my VRS is a far better car than my previous Golf GTI (and Mini Cooper s works, and slk, and focus st)

But then it's not a cheap entry level car, unlike the Halfords in house 'brands'. Wouldn't buy a boardman either but that's down to the styling rather than the componentry and build
Nothing wrong with the car,but my point is future perceived value,I guarantee you after 3 years the Skoda will have lost more value percentage wise than an equivalent car with vw badge

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I not a cycle snob...but I just couldn't spend money on a carrera,Apollo,voodoo,etc....as I tend to look at the whole picture when buying products,and any savings made by buying unbranded goods,is soon lost in the resale value,when goods have no credabilty.......another example is the Skoda/vw comparison.
Who says it will be sold on, some people keep bikes forever! (Or until they turn to dust)

shadow master

And would the mass market ford or Vauxhall fare any better?
No they wouldn't,that why you don't buy those either

shadow master

Who says it will be sold on, some people keep bikes forever! (Or until they turn to dust)
I know some people do that,but complete bikes are such good value,compared to spares,and ones with perceived value hold there value,its cheaper to keep changing them regularly.

Top Bottom