Is cyclechat becoming a home for the 'care in the community' element?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is it just me or does the forum seem to be attracting more than it's fair share of 'characters' in recent months?

I won't name names but there does seem to have been a recent upsurge in posts from the type of members that you just wouldn't trust to make rapid progress along a corridor while carrying a pair of safety scissors?

I consider myself to be a fairly 'normal' person in that I live in a nice 1930's suburban semi-detached cul-de-sac, have a wife and 2.1 children and have worked my way up to an upper blue-collar job but, more and more frequently I find myself reading threads and posts where I just simply think 'WTF' and I am glad I do not come across the poster in a pub or have to work with the forum member on a day-to-day basis!

Discuss.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ohhh, get YOU!! :giggle:

DISCLAIMER: I have brain damage, so I at least have an excuse. I can't speak for anyone else though....:unsure:

classic33

Leg End Member
Is it just me or does the forum seem to be attracting more than it's fair share of 'characters' in recent months?

I won't name names but there does seem to have been a recent upsurge in posts from the type of members that you just wouldn't trust to make rapid progress along a corridor while carrying a pair of safety scissors?

I consider myself to be a fairly 'normal' person in that I live in a nice 1930's suburban semi-detached cul-de-sac, have a wife and 2.1 children and have worked my way up to an upper blue-collar job but, more and more frequently I find myself reading threads and posts where I just simply think 'WTF' and I am glad I do not come across the poster in a pub or have to work with the forum member on a day-to-day basis!

Discuss.
Define normal and explain how you managed to have only 10% of a child!

Enis Baysal

Discuss.
Im probably 1 of these people constantly asking for advice?
I'll be honest in saying I have not come across any posts that are more 'air headed' than mine xD
Ill apologise for that. If I am mistaken in thinking I am 1 of these idiots that are annoying you then good I guess xD
Either way, wouldnt it be more appropriate to just skip those threads and keep the frustration to yourself?
Personally there are a a lot of things I still do not know...things my cycling buddies laugh at.. I only learn how to change an inner tube myself the other day!
I still dont understand gearing ratios properly, what parts fit what, whats compatible with what...what can be changed...

My point is everyone starts somewhere which is why they join a forum, To learn? Isnt it at least appreciated that people show an interest in the sport regardless of the reason?

Top Bottom