Is cyclechat becoming a home for the 'care in the community' element?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm proud not to be NT (Neurotypical) So if it's me that you think is not normal all I can say is thank you. the only "Normal" I know is that it is there is a setting for it on my washing machine.
Snap.
I'm not NT either but if people don't like me then they can always put me on ignore :smile:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I`ll name names.

Mad Doug,Stephec,Welsh Dragon,Guitar Pete,Dayvo,Mort,Rocky Mountain,Architect.Each and every one of these posters have slept with me.:smooch:

Oooooops,sorry wrong thread.:blush:

How very dare you. I thought you were going to keep quiet. Weirdo.:laugh:

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Im probably 1 of these people constantly asking for advice?
Don't you worry Enis, it definitely isn't you I am referring to :thumbsup:

The type I have in mind are the ones who believe they are the best thing since sliced bread and put considerable effort in to telling everyone just how great they are. They then descend into mouth foaming vitriol if anyone dares to point out the obvious errors in their self belief, or looks them in the eye :wacko:

We are not all the same and have different strengths. We might think we are good at some things but no matter how good you are there always others that do what you do but better, differently or more effectively. Self belief is ok to a point but without some way of benchmarking your abilities against your peers it is useless, you might actually be crap but too dumb to see it!

Keep asking the questions @Enis Baysal , it shows you know your abilities and are willing to improve. I have a great T-shirt I picked up from work that was left over from a training day. The strap line is 'There's always room for improvement' and basically this is a reminder that nobody is perfect and we can always learn more.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Look, I can't help it. I have a massive willy. OK, there I said it.

Ganymede

Veteran
Don't you worry Enis, it definitely isn't you I am referring to :thumbsup:

The type I have in mind are the ones who believe they are the best thing since sliced bread and put considerable effort in to telling everyone just how great they are. They then descend into mouth foaming vitriol if anyone dares to point out the obvious errors in their self belief, or looks them in the eye :wacko:

We are not all the same and have different strengths. We might think we are good at some things but no matter how good you are there always others that do what you do but better, differently or more effectively. Self belief is ok to a point but without some way of benchmarking your abilities against your peers it is useless, you might actually be crap but too dumb to see it!

Keep asking the questions @Enis Baysal , it shows you know your abilities and are willing to improve. I have a great T-shirt I picked up from work that was left over from a training day. The strap line is 'There's always room for improvement' and basically this is a reminder that nobody is perfect and we can always learn more.
That's not "care in the community" though, is it - "the ones who believe they are the best thing since sliced bread etc"?

You're talking about a few egos, which I'm sure we can all tolerate - whereas people who actually need a bit of support or who are not neurotypical or who are struggling with issues either cycling or non-cycling - well, that's what I'd call care in this community, so I think your terminology risks alienating people. Also this post of yours slightly contradicts your OP - you're saying here that we're all different and have different strengths etc, but in the OP you're making it sound like you only want to speak to people like yourself. I'm sure that's not true.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Also this post of yours slightly contradicts your OP - you're saying here that we're all different and have different strengths etc, but in the OP you're making it sound like you only want to speak to people like yourself. I'm sure that's not true.
.....They then descend into mouth foaming vitriol if anyone dares to point out the obvious errors in their self belief, or looks them in the eye :wacko:.....
I'm fine with 'different'. It's the axe stroking, eye twitching, voice in the head type craziness that some seem to switch on so readily that I'm referring to :crazy:

Top Bottom