Is cyclechat becoming a home for the 'care in the community' element?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
After nine pages we finally have the definitive answer. :smile:
because i am not scared to admit the truth

I was going to 'like' your post as well claud, but then I thought I've already said I was going to say the same thing myself so it would be like giving myself a like, which I think is the sort of egotistical behaviour that caused all this in the first place. So I didn't.

You can like your own post if you have two personalities, that would be acceptable

yello

I thought it was wonder, the mind wonders.

Always struck me as an odd apology (sorry, my mind was wondering) because that's what I thought minds were supposed to do. Been bugging me for years.

So at least I've learnt something from this thread.

stuee147

Is it just me or does the forum seem to be attracting more than it's fair share of 'characters' in recent months?

I won't name names but there does seem to have been a recent upsurge in posts from the type of members that you just wouldn't trust to make rapid progress along a corridor while carrying a pair of safety scissors?

I consider myself to be a fairly 'normal' person in that I live in a nice 1930's suburban semi-detached cul-de-sac, have a wife and 2.1 children and have worked my way up to an upper blue-collar job but, more and more frequently I find myself reading threads and posts where I just simply think 'WTF' and I am glad I do not come across the poster in a pub or have to work with the forum member on a day-to-day basis!

Discuss.

iv been watching this post and thought i would put my 2pence worth in.
to me the OP wants a forum where everyone has the same ideas, thoughts and opinions and personality as himself as anyone with a different personality or opinion seems to offend said OP,
also i think the OP is very hypocritical as he goes on about people posting and talking about themselves in posts yet he himself boasts about how he is normal as he has a wife dose that mean anyone who is single is not normal? then he has kids so what so do i but i dont feel the need to boast about how many i have. and how dose living in a cul-de-sac make you any different to someone who lives on a main road?

the way i understand how forums like CC work is that they are somewhere that people from all walks of life and of all abilities, personalities and beliefs can come together and talk with people they share a common interest with in this case cycling.
forums are like work places you get all sorts of people some you will get on with others you really cant stand, but at the end of the day you are all there for the same reason. so you talk to the ones you like and keep away from the ones you dont, so like many people have said before if you dont like a post from someone then dont read it. not everyone has the perfect family and house in a perfect cul-de-sac (snobby way to say dead end road) but then it would be a very boreing place if we were all the same wouldn't it,

stuee

Top Bottom