Is cycling the only regular exercise you get?

My exercise mostly consists of

• 99% cycling

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Cycling and walking

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • Cycling and the gym

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Cycling and running

• Cycling and strength exercises

• Getting off the sofa to get a beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get breathless thinking about it.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other stuff

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I am quite lazy when it comes to exercise and apart from cycling and walking, I recently started doing upper body strength exercises. Don't really do anything else. Do you get exercise in a varied manner beyond cycling?

MikeG

Guru
Since I gave up squash, pretty much, although my building project often means many hours of building-site-like work, which is more exercise than walking or cycling.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Since retiring from rugby the only other regular exercise is walking the dogs. I still coach but this mainly requires standing on the touchline and shouting so does not really count. I am thinking that I need to do some work on my core strength though so may need to investigate the home gym.

Heckler

Yoga here too along with walking.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cycling is my main stress-cardio exercise.

3 miles walking a day minimum just walking the dog.

Weights 5 times a week, arms, back, legs, chest, and compound split. I vary the split every few monnths for variety, or to account for any minor injuries etc. 200 weighted calf raises daily, as that's a nightmare muscle to pack any bulk on. Stops osteoporosis, slows the ageing process, stops age related loss of muscle mass. Sure, I have my aches and pains, but generally I feel as strong as 20 years ago, and 52" chest is proper man size. I usually do it early (well equipped home gym, massive array of free weights, leg bench, Smith machine) once the house is tidy and Mrs and Mini D have gone out - 35 or 40 minutes a day, quick shower, then its 0930hrs and I have the day to myself. I would hate to be a small person or a weakling.

Last edited:

mgs315

Cycling is my only noticeable exercise outside of work (I don’t count walking to shops/pub etc though I do walk quite a bit).

Inside work (railway worker) I walk around 15-20k steps a day most days. On ballast which isn’t too good for the knees and ankles (hence only cycling no running) but makes for a better workout.

Venod

Eh up
Used to be cycling and running until a blind motorist farked my right knee, now its cycling and light weights to keep my shoulder working, also farked by the same blind motorist.

Top Bottom