Is it an age thing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladderhead

Gravity Aided said:
Like re-learning cycling all over again
One of mine is front wheel drive MBB. That means moving bottom bracket. That means that when steering, the front half of the bike articulates and the BB swings from side to side. I ride in outer and inner London. No problem.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Like re-learning cycling all over again, takes about a month of riding to get comfortable. I was riding around the block after about two hours of riding around like a 4 year old, about 20 feet and catch myself, then repeat. But you soon re-orient your balance. A pennant helps with visibility, although I mostly ride the recumbent on trails.
Having recently returned to an upright from a recumbent trike I find I'm having to relearn riding myself. On slow climbs I am getting the wobbles, which are only gradually reducing. A bit scary at first.

For the football, the same as me. home. aways, foreign trips. It cost an absolute fortune. I gave the football up a few years back. I still go to the odd match. But to be honest I get far more pleasure going to my local National League team Bromley then I do Chelsea these days.

You were lucky Ian, you started at the top with Chelsea and worked your way down to Bromley. I started at the bottom with Rhyl so there was nowhere lower to go!!

We did have some good European adventures though, the best at FK Atlantis in Klaipeda, Lithuania, which saw us progress to qualifying round two and a narrow defeat to Viking Stavanger coached at the time by one Roy Hodgson and sporting quite a few international players.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
Have you ever gone over your handlebars? If you have, you are disqualified from asking if recumbents are safe.
My face would tell you that I have done several times. It's a right of passage to go over the bars at least once. As is catching yer bits on the crossbar :wacko:

I wasn't implying that recumbents aren't safe, I was asking if the riders 'felt' safe.

bladderhead

JPBoothy said:
It's a right of passage to go over the bars at least once. As is catching yer bits on the crossbar
And people ask me why I ride such a weird bike!

bladderhead

Actually they both feel safe. I can see the bars and half the frame and the cranks in front of me. It is a bit scary in the winter, if it is icy. On a DF you can get your feet down and lift off the saddle. But I have ridden both of my 'bents in deep snow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You were lucky Ian, you started at the top with Chelsea and worked your way down to Bromley. I started at the bottom with Rhyl so there was nowhere lower to go!!

We did have some good European adventures though, the best at FK Atlantis in Klaipeda, Lithuania, which saw us progress to qualifying round two and a narrow defeat to Viking Stavanger coached at the time by one Roy Hodgson and sporting quite a few international players.

I've been going since 1974, supporting Chelsea back then and throughout the 80's was certainly nowhere near the top :okay: I had a long wait for any success. But yes, still a little bit higher up the pyramid then Rhyl^_^

Top Bottom