Is it me or are they a funny lot in the commuting section

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
:secret:

Jeez, and to think that the OP was torn off a strip over a distraction like a mobile phone when on the road
The clue is in the picture?

He stops his vehicle and then uses the equipment - one of the options that seems to escape so many muppets on our roads!

Linford

Is that a 'Trial Sex' or a 'Sex Trial' ?!? I nearly pooped myself laughing.

Fair's fair, it is a actual bicycle. If it's yours. Have you got a receipt for it by way of proof of ownership?

You don't want to see what was moderated out of my answer to Norms question ;)

I've had it about 10 years and no I don't keep receipts that long - it isn't realistically worth anything of value and this is what it actually says on the frame

602472_10151032751478704_1138402368_n.jpg

Well when I do manage to replace the stolen roadie, I'll have a use for these (worn) bits which didn't get pinched with it won't I (and no I'm not modelling the rest of my road kit for anyone)

179132_10151032785433704_1120378421_n.jpg

What, I'm still lying ???????? - Mickle, if you can't accept that I actually do have an interest in cycling, but don't feel the need to broadcast it at every opportunity, or feel the need to go out on a bicycle every night to re enforce that notion in my head, then that is your problem.

I think I've provided enough 'evidence' and have put my money and time where my interest is, and if you can't accept that, then tough shyte, . You really do have issues which I can't help you with.

Go get a life.

Linford

The clue is in the picture?

He stops his vehicle and then uses the equipment - one of the options that seems to escape so many muppets on our roads!

So why has he got a computer screen right in front of him, and mics and cams on his lid.

Come one Mister, it is set up for mobile use. You are just kidding yourself if you think different.

Linford

Once again the hint is in the pictures......

Winnebiko II

The second system, though not too imaginatively named, was a huge step forward in that it integrated a wide range of computer and communication systems in such a way that they could be effectively be used while riding, including a chord keyboard in the handlebars that never failed to enchant reporters.

The bike itself was rebuilt from the frame up, with new components (and a bit later, the addition of an Equinox trailer). But there were huge changes in electronics, including an aircraft-like control console and a number of remote-control features. This was launched in 1986 and was on the road until 1988, covering about 6,000 miles on both coasts of the US... leading to the Miles with Maggie series of stories (there's a PDF available for $5.95 over here, although all the chapters are slowly being added to the site here). Also, I unearthed a technical article about the Winnebiko II, written back in 1987 when it was new. There are also a few rare posters of this version available.

http://microship.com/resources/winnebiko-behemoth.html

Come on now Cunobelin, You really are trying to teach me how to suck eggs :thumbsdown:

Absolutely not - simply making sure that you are confirming that this is questionable?

Linford

If it is unacceptable for one road vehicle operator to use distracting devices in shared spaces, then it is unacceptable for all to use them. Mickle was trying to argue that because legislation was not in place for cyclists and mobile use that it was OK. Are you now arguing for or against his standpoint as you run the risk of contradicting him.

I think you along with Mickle are going to have to give up on this thread. You have both been hoisted by your own petards....

classic33

Leg End Member
How do you quantify the term 'master' ?

It might be construed that way in a given circumstance...

If you're not familiar with the saying
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none
&
http://michael.lustfield.net/content/jack-all-trades-master-none

But as meant, you don't appear to know what you are supposed to be talking about, little less what you are actualy talking about.

Handheld radios are exempt from the mobile phone regulations. Helmet mounted ones are quite common amongst motorbike riders. Some are not even radios, just a two-way link between the two on the bike.

If it is unacceptable for one road vehicle operator to use distracting devices in shared spaces, then it is unacceptable for all to use them. Mickle was trying to argue that because legislation was not in place for cyclists and mobile use that it was OK. Are you now arguing for or against his standpoint as you run the risk of contradicting him.

I think you along with Mickle are going to have to give up on this thread. You have both been hoisted by your own petards....

You really need to stop jumping to conclusions...

My next question is if the video and computer on Behemoth is unacceptable then surely this is also unacceptable:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQzgYMetmoPgAIrVJHp28w6pXDtSQJIVRSD-G_EQJBER4BaUEK.jpg

bmw-dash-geneva111.jpg

Both of which are available on cars in the UK

Now is this acceptable?

Linford

You really need to stop jumping to conclusions...

My next question is if the video and computer on Behemoth is unacceptable then surely this is also unacceptable:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQzgYMetmoPgAIrVJHp28w6pXDtSQJIVRSD-G_EQJBER4BaUEK.jpg

bmw-dash-geneva111.jpg

Both of which are available on cars in the UK

Now is this acceptable?

You are missing the point about these car mounted devices. They are designed to deliver information, and not for interaction whilst on the move. There is an important distinction between the two, and that is why phone use was banned. The recumbent contraption was clearly made for surfing the net whislt on the go.

Two way radio's fall in the same category if a button or series of buttons have to be pushed.. That recumbent bike has millions of them on the dash as well as a handlebar mounted keyboard. Is it any wonder it didn't take off ?

I told you it was a clunker ;)

599646_10151032490108704_1262171790_n.jpg

I'm about to make a colossal fool of myself, but not for the first or last time. If in no other area, I am at least consistent in this one. :sad:

I rode (and raced) motorcycles many decades ago, so my limited knowledge is trapped in the age of flares...

But the front tyre of that black, motorised roadburner looks like a directional one and appears to be mounted the wrong way round.

I may be wrong and usually am. My knowledge is so dated that it looks wide even for a rear tyre to me....

But do enlighten me; is it a directional tyre and is it mounted backwards? The grooves seem to be set up to squeeze surface water back to the centre of the contact patch.

If I'm wrong, I make no apologies for my ignorance. It is a congenital condition.

Top Bottom