Is It OK To Ask Nonsense Questions In This Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Acceptable in any section, as far as I’ve seen :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
It is and should be. This forum isnt bad at all although I have seen a few unsympathetic and terse responses in the past...but one forum I was in before here was awful, they repeatedly treated often reasonable questions with derision and borderline contempt.
We're ok here, none of that kind of nonsense.

classic33

Leg End Member
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.
And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

Drago

Legendary Member
It is and should be. This forum isnt bad at all although I have seen a few unsympathetic and terse responses in the past...but one forum I was in before here was awful, they repeatedly treated often reasonable questions with derision and borderline contempt.
We're ok here, none of that kind of nonsense.
What a load of rubbish. Wheres the evidence to support your outrageous assertion? Please provide links to at least 5 per reviewed scientific papers that prove your point. Ridiculous.

Am I the only one bothered by the tone of this op?
Obliquely identifying a poster and being derogatory about their content is not playing fair, in my book - it's playing the man, not the ball.

There is a similar thread in the past few days and a mod helpfully pointed out some things we should all take into account.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/i...w-members-and-their-posts.265573/post-6098638

There are also the ignore poster and ignore thread options if we get too riled up.

I see lots of nonsense posted about things like "training", "intervals", "heart rates", 24 hour rides and much, much more and I'm quite sure many people think I post complete nonsense. If we all started calling each other out for what we deem to be nonsense the site would be ruined. We could move to another site..... but which one? The fact is this one is the friendliest I've come across.

If I recall it correctly, @Roger Longbottom is a refugee from another site where cliques were common. Is that an example of irony?

The fact is the threads are harmless, receive lots of replies and are useful information reservoirs for lurkers and people doing a search in the future. The only "harm" is when people call these posters out.

Slioch

Guru
And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

From memory...

One two, one two
and through, and through
The vorpel blade went snicker snack
and with it's head he left it dead
and went gallumphing back