Is it rude to carry on using a mobile phone when.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

Yes. Having said that, it's not that big a deal in the scheme of rudeness.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
No. I'm not in the shop for the conversation, I'm there to buy stuff. If that had happened to me I'd have just left my shopping there and gone to another store.
Dont forget to purchase some manners when you get there.

TVC

Yes, it's common courtesy. Assuming that you're not there for conversation then you also don't mind if the till monkey is talking on their phone either. Personally I show as much respect to anybody doing their job as I would hope people would show me doing mine.*

*people pretending to be from Microsoft excepted.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
How would the woman have felt if the till operator had carried on a conversation with the till operator in the next aisle whilst serving her. Bet she would not have liked that alternative situation. Apart from anything you need to be concentrating on what the assistant is doing in case she makes a mistake (now my mind thinking of alternative ways of getting back at her, might have wanted her to scan a couple of things twice).

One thing I have noticed with mobile phones is mums pushing buggies. When my children were little I talked at them and then with them, when we were out and about. Now I see mum's pushing their buggies whilst holding long conversations with a friend rather than talking/interacting with the child.

Top Bottom