Is McDonald's under-rated as a bike stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firestorm

Veteran
12 pages and no mention of little chefs !
Mind you there are fewer and fewer these days and probably not on particularly decent cyclong roads

Adam4868

Guru
Each to their own,i try my best to avoid the likes of McDonald's and the "others"as I said before.I really don't like their food or coffee,think it's shoot.But that's me.My wife and kids probally think I'm nuts aswell ! But my kids as getting older don't go either so something must be rubbing off on them.On a similar note I never shop at Tesco as I don't like it as a company ? I guess I'm awkward....

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I must admit that I'm not keen on the coffee in McDs. In the old days, there was so much caffeine it gave me the jitters, and the last couple of times I've been in for a mocha the chocolate syrup's been at the bottom of the cup.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
12 pages and no mention of little chefs !
Mind you there are fewer and fewer these days and probably not on particularly decent cyclong roads
A surprising number of them can be accessed from cycle tracks or service roads. It tends to be ones which have suffered the deadly hand of the Highways Agency recently (as in a number of A14 examples) which are cut off, except from motorists.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 4515746, member: 43827"]

There's also, as in many places, a KFC nearby and those places really are the spawn of the Devil.[/QUOTE]

KFC must truly rank as one of the worst places to get something to eat?
No matter how good an idea it seems at the time, I regret every visit afterwards. The grease oozing out of every pore (or worse, making a frantic bid for freedom) is only the half of it...

double0jedi

As a cycle stop I find they are very good, personally I find the coffee pretty good. I do like a good coffee shop but to be honest it depends whats on my route. I wouldn't go out of my way for a McDonalds over a tea shop and vice versa.
In relation to the litter problem, the nature of the product you are buying denotes a lot of packaging, wrapped burger, fries in a box, salt sachets, napkins all then in a big bag and a cup for the drink. The volume of packaging when scattered is going to look very prolific. I'm in East Devon, a designated "Area of Outstanding natural beauty" ( apparently!) and the bloody stuff is everywhere. But also there is KFC, Costa, subway and general foodstuff wrappings that could have come from any supermarket or independent corner shop.
At the end of the day, McDonalds don't throw it out of car windows or leave it lying around, that is down to the end user. People should take responsibility for themselves, I can't see how the chain is at fault for this? Are Benson and Hedges responsible for people not putting fag ends in the bin?
Unfortunately saying McDonalds is responsible for it is another way of moving the blame from the dick heads that leave the rubbish around, if they feel remotely justified in thinking "It's not my problem, it's Maccy D's" then they wont think twice before doing it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't see how the chain is at fault for this? Are Benson and Hedges responsible for people not putting fag ends in the bin?
Let me try to rephrase what I wrote earlier: McD in particular is also at fault for using packaging that becomes icky before the end of a car journey if used for their fatty products... a choice of theirs to use cheap packaging rather than appropriate packaging. It's like if B&H made fags that fell apart into dog-ends before users finished smoking them. Fine both litterer and supplier.

Adam4868

Guru
I'd hazard a guess that a vast amount of litter on the streets is from fast food takeaways,whether it be MC or KFC,subway,greggs etc.Surely they could use some of their vast profits to address this ?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Let me try to rephrase what I wrote earlier: McD in particular is also at fault for using packaging that becomes icky before the end of a car journey if used for their fatty products... a choice of theirs to use cheap packaging rather than appropriate packaging. It's like if B&H made fags that fell apart into dog-ends before users finished smoking them. Fine both litterer and supplier.
I've never had this problem. The only time McD packaging has leaked in my experience is when a drinks cup has been left for a lot longer than the average car journey. The sort of thoughtless oil who'd chuck their rubbish out of the window is the same sort of oik who wouldn't put their rubbish in the bins provided at the restaurant.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Cannot think of any other instance were the seller of an item is being held responsible for the twat who throws it out the window?!

Top Bottom